Old Skulk Taunt

meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
So, the default skulk taunt is now the 'chuckle' sound. This is very welcome.

However both 'taunt' and 'chuckle' in the com rose now play the 'chuckle' sound.

I don't want to offend whoever it was that put in the work to get this actioned, but it seems like a very sloppy job :/

I was under the impression we just wanted to be able to bind both/either sounds to a key, not sure what the point is with just cloning one sound over the other.

It's fun to make skulky sounds and it's fun to chuckle.

Comments

• SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited December 2013
    Yuuuuuuup very sloppy indeed. I've already spoken with who got this done. It's silly and was done without me, or 90% of the PT knowing...
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Samus on the case. Will be fixed next patch guaranteed.
  • RunkiRunki Helsingborg, Sweden Join Date: 2012-12-02 Member: 173929Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Can we get a new taunt for onos? Its just the stomp sound
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Onos taunt can just be the chuckle with pitch lowered an octave or two :D

Now we can bind 'chuckle' in console, we just basically need the skulk taunt changed back to what it was and then we're good, right?
  • SpaSpa Join Date: 2013-05-20 Member: 185301Members
    On a side note the lerk taunt is the best- scary sounds in a darkened room :P
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    SamusDroid wrote: »
    Yuuuuuuup very sloppy indeed. I've already spoken with who got this done. It's silly and was done without me, or 90% of the PT knowing...

Uh oh... somebody's losing their knee-caps!
  • xen32xen32 Join Date: 2012-10-18 Member: 162676Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Spa wrote: »
    Nothing beats mah gorgie.
  • aeroripperaeroripper Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42471NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    Onos taunt can just be the chuckle with pitch lowered an octave or two :D

Now we can bind 'chuckle' in console, we just basically need the skulk taunt changed back to what it was and then we're good, right?

Not sure if they're sounds available for this, but the fade and onos taunts are really quiet. Skulk, gorge, and lerk all have good sounds but fade and onos are pretty lackluster.

• joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    Skulk's main taunt is pretty bland as well. The only taunts that are worthwhile are the gorge and lerk. Even after a year, every time I hear the gorge taunt, I chuckle to myself.
  • ZekZek Join Date: 2002-11-10 Member: 7962Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    I'm happy that the taunt button chuckles when you're Skulk. Don't really care at all what happens to the original taunt, but I don't want to keep a separate bind to be able to chuckle as a Skulk so I hope that much doesn't change.
  • BensonBenson Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Chuckle as a skulk seems more appropriate than the strange little growl.

I vote to keep chuckle as the default skulk taunt!
  • kamikami Join Date: 2009-04-07 Member: 67072Members
    Benson wrote: »
    Chuckle as a skulk seems more appropriate than the strange little growl.

I vote to keep chuckle as the default skulk taunt!

I vote the same.

• JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Huh .. You guys know you can bind chuckle to be any key at all? We can have both.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Spa wrote: »
    Or feigning your death as a lerk to bait a marine ;-)
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    edited December 2013
    joshhh wrote: »
    Even after a year, every time I hear the gorge taunt, I chuckle to myself.
    Do you find yourself imitating it each time, out loud, for practice purposes as well?? Or am I just weird?... The looks I get when I didn't realize other people in the room with me..
  • NeXuSNeXuS US Join Date: 2013-10-13 Member: 188681Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    I love that chuckle is the new taunt. Laughing at a Marine every time I kill one gets under people's skin. Love it.
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    IronHorse wrote: »
    joshhh wrote: »
    Even after a year, every time I hear the gorge taunt, I chuckle to myself.
    Do you find yourself imitating it each time, out loud, for practice purposes as well?? Or am I just weird?... The looks I get when I didn't realize other people in the room with me..

Wait, that's weird? I thought it was required when playing gorge.
  • NeXuSNeXuS US Join Date: 2013-10-13 Member: 188681Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    edited December 2013
    How can you not love gorgies?