Map ideas free to use

fragglerfraggler Join Date: 2013-06-16 Member: 185588Members, Reinforced - Shadow
Hello together,
Month ago I had some map ideas and started greyboxing my first map.
Sadly I recognized that I don’t have enough free time to finish even the greybox…
So after a while I started to think there is no use for anybody when I keep my unrealized plans like a secret and made the decision to share my plans…
Maybe someone of you has the free time and experience to pick up one of my ideas in case he likes it… (If not – it was at least worth the try)

The idea behind the “maps plans” was to create 4 maps which are somehow related to each other like a story. (But of course each can be played without a need for the other maps)
Power nodes are not in the plans right now…

I know there are much straight floors on the maps, but they are just an Idea… and I actually had planned to place 2 doors in each floor.
Okay… Let’s start…

#1 – NS2-Spacestation

Picture:
6uhjbwhn.jpg

Short Story:
A space station had a biotech-lab accident and called the marines for help.

Marine starts: Space-Dock & Crew-Quarters
Alien starts: Biotech-Lab & Astrometry

#2 – NS2-Spaceship

Picture:
vv6gp8ds.jpg

Short Story:
After cleaning out the space station the marines are flying back to their colony.
While fighting against the aliens on the space station the aliens managed to smuggle into their transport ship.

Marine Starts: Bridge
Aliens Starts: FTL-reactor & Engine room

3# - NS2-spaceport

Picture:
wm52chfo.jpg

Short Story:
The Marines managed to land their ship at the colony space-harbour…
And again somehow the aliens survived and managed again to establish a new base at the colony-harbour…

Marine starts: Docks
Alien starts: Warehouse & Transport – Train

4# -Spacecolony

Picture:
tbmkawon.jpg

Short Story:
Aliens used the transport-train route from space-harbour to build a base in train station.

Marine Start: Settlement
Alien Start: Train Station

…….
Please let me know what you think… or feel free to use any of this plans if you like.
If you need more information or have questions, let me know.

Best Regards

Comments

• catolmcatolm Norway Join Date: 2013-10-31 Member: 188909Members, Reinforced - Silver
    Please make them, mate.
    Btw, it would be cool if one or two of the vents on spacestation was on the outside of the hull of the space station.
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    You sure like "space" things don't-cha? :)

Space ship looks pretty interesting, but I'm worried about some of the really really long corridors here.

Also, maps take a VERY long time to complete, I fear that at this point, starting a new map might mean you finish it when the game is dead... or at least a single mapper... MAYBE this could be a community mapping project!
  • fragglerfraggler Join Date: 2013-06-16 Member: 185588Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    catolm wrote: »
    Please make them, mate.
    Btw, it would be cool if one or two of the vents on spacestation was on the outside of the hull of the space station.

Sure why not... :)
    BeigeAlert wrote: »
    You sure like "space" things don't-cha? :)

Space ship looks pretty interesting, but I'm worried about some of the really really long corridors here.

Also, maps take a VERY long time to complete, I fear that at this point, starting a new map might mean you finish it when the game is dead... or at least a single mapper... MAYBE this could be a community mapping project!

I only named them all "space" to make the "relation" between the maps easy to see. ;)

Regarding the long corridors I had planned to place several doors between the long ways...
    But nothing is fixed of course... they where only ideas... ;)

Regarding the long time:
    That is the problem I also see...
    I just have not enough free time to do all by myself. :)
    That was the main reason to post them here... :)