ModBox Servers

2»

Comments

• TurbineTurbine Join Date: 2012-09-13 Member: 159160Members
    This is something the game really could benefit from, I never thought there'd be official modded servers.

It may make some of the other lazy servers step their game up, vanilla NS2 is in a really poor state.
  • MCMLXXXIVMCMLXXXIV Join Date: 2010-04-14 Member: 71400Members
    This is great! If you want to run Combat or Xenoswarm at any point let us know if you need help setting it up (though I think Xenoswarm's got some game-breaking bugs right now that would prevent this).
  • SebSeb Melbourne, AU Join Date: 2013-04-01 Member: 184576Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Retired Community Developer
    MCMLXXXIV wrote: »
    This is great! If you want to run Combat or Xenoswarm at any point let us know if you need help setting it up (though I think Xenoswarm's got some game-breaking bugs right now that would prevent this).

I'd be keen to run Xenoswarm occasionally if it is in a state to be played and when these ModBox servers get organised.

• Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    I have just released Proving Grounds on the steam workshop and would really like to see it running on a server or two if that is possible :)
  • SebSeb Melbourne, AU Join Date: 2013-04-01 Member: 184576Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Retired Community Developer
    @Soul_Rider I have it running on my non-modbox server in aus. Have yet to play a full game with a populated server though :(
  • HowserHowser UK Join Date: 2010-02-08 Member: 70488Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
    I'll put it on the Amsterdam one right away! Feel free to seed and get it up and running. The Ip is : 85.236.109.72:27015
  • HowserHowser UK Join Date: 2010-02-08 Member: 70488Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
    uh... cant get it to work on the server. Has anyone tried the mod/maps out recently? Not sure if its mod, server or workshop issue but it seems to just crash the server.
  • IronsoulIronsoul Join Date: 2011-03-12 Member: 86048Members
    This is brilliant, NS2 is rather expensive to rent a server so I've not really been motivated to get into modding. I think this will help motivating people to mod the game more. I'm sure motivated by it.
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    @sebastianoswell - Thanks. Is the mod running ok? @howser seems to be having some issues, and I was wondering if you were, as you didn't mention anything.
    seems to work on my client okay but definitely not having any luck when running it through web admin! :(
    OK, It is very possible I broke web admin, as as far as I'm aware, you are the first person to try and use it with the mod. I have never used or tested web admin, so I would need to look into it and see what is going on. Do you get any info from web admin about it at all?
    edited January 2014
    Multiplay webadmin is just about the worst I have ever come across, so instead I run it off my own box with FTP and I have no issues, in fact, I even love the mod and can't wait to see what you do with it :)
    Sadly we don't have access to the ftp... so if you want the mod played it needs to be functional with webadmin. Add me on steam. I can't see a way to get a full console log or anything that would provide you with useful information. If you add me on steam I can give you temp access to the SCC to test it out and fix the problem. However this is a custom map server so you'd have to use to during UK working hours when no one wants to play :D
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/howser/
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    Can confirm i got it running at my test server.
    The issue appears to be with how the server is downloading from the workshop. Not the content of the mod itself. I've experienced these issues before on multiplay servers, and they seem to resolve themselves with time. I going what others have said it seems to be a issue thats exclusive to multiplay servers. I'll investigate further but there's really not a lot you can do with the low level access you get on the servers