Combat mode suggestions.

BestProfileNameBestProfileName Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177320Members
edited November 2013 in Ideas and Suggestions
1. No Onos.
2. No exos.
3. No xenocide.

Having skulks spam into you, requiring little to no skill, is utterly pointless. Someone said, "just counter with the flame". While this is true, I don't want to have to just hold left click all round.:P

Any other suggestions in terms of what to remove?

Comments

• GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited November 2013
    As atm noone is working on combat i think you won't see any gameplay changes for it in the future.

1. / 2. / 3. Try the Combat ModCompMode:
    2 month ago: Added competitive mode option and console command, disables these abilities:
    Marine: Exos/Mines/FT/GL/Scan/Catalyst/EMP/FastReload
    Alien: Onos/Tier 3
  • BestProfileNameBestProfileName Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177320Members
    Don't understand why scan would be disabled if aliens can have phantom, though.
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited November 2013
    As atm noone is working on combat i think you won't see any gameplay changes for it in the future.

2 month ago: Added competitive mode option and console command, disables these abilities:

This is completely false. I/they will still be collaborating and we will be making any changes if needed. They have not just dumped it and said screw it.
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    @Samusdroid I was talking about gameplay changes. They mostly will only do fix updates from now on. But as the code is open source everyone is free to modify it the way he wants.
    SamusDroid wrote: »

This is completely false. I/they will still be collaborating and we will be making any changes if needed. They have not just dumped it and said screw it.

Changes are needed, so are they going to do anything about it?
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    The Original team are mainly focused on creating their new game in Unity. Therefore, they do not devote much time to combat these days. SamusDroid has offered to fill in and update Combat, and the others put some time into it now and again, but as Samus is very busy with his ns2 stuff at the moment, I wouldn't expect any major changes to be coming along in the immediate future.

Hopefully it will be fully realised in the future, and the game will receive a major overhaul, but you may have to wait for a while.
    Soul_Rider wrote: »
    The Original team are mainly focused on creating their new game in Unity. Therefore, they do not devote much time to combat these days. SamusDroid has offered to fill in and update Combat, and the others put some time into it now and again, but as Samus is very busy with his ns2 stuff at the moment, I wouldn't expect any major changes to be coming along in the immediate future.

Hopefully it will be fully realised in the future, and the game will receive a major overhaul, but you may have to wait for a while.

Alright, thanks for the update.