Can we PLEASE have an sv_mute command for admins

Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
Some players just don't deserve the right to speak and should be able to be gagged by admins. Now I'm NOT talking about voip mute, I'm talking about either text chat or both. Surely this can't be that big of an ask.

Comments

• BestProfileNameBestProfileName Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177320Members
    Also give me the ability to ignore requests like "medpack" which sometimes get spammed. Also let me ignore text chat of certain people.
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Yeah please put another symbol next to the speaker of a tiny keyboard or something so individuals can mute other individuals text spam.
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    People are more likely to learn from a mute than a kick. Think about it, they get kicked, they get pissed off, they come back they vent. They get muted, they CAN'T say ANYTHING, and it frustrates the hell out of them, they're not risking losing their voice again, or very unlikely to.

That's only the case for keyboard warriors though, not people trolling the game selling ips or w/e, those guys you kick.
  • It's Super Effective!It's Super Effective! Join Date: 2012-08-28 Member: 156625Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    I'd like my client-side mute to affect text as well because some men just want to watch the world burn, whereas I just want to watch them gagged.
  • Omega_K2Omega_K2 Join Date: 2011-12-25 Member: 139013Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited November 2013
    Shine admin's sh_gag
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    Omega_K2 wrote: »
    Shine admin's sv_gag
    it's sh_gag ;)

• NedStarNedStar Join Date: 2013-08-30 Member: 187224Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Also give me the ability to ignore requests like "medpack" which sometimes get spammed. Also let me ignore text chat of certain people.

This so much. Having a single person constantly request medpacks for no apparent reason is really annoying and quite off putting when you're comming.
  • maD_maX_maD_maX_ Join Date: 2013-04-07 Member: 184678Members
    sh_gag is nice...
    but i really want an sh_slap...

If you think sh_slap would be abused by admin... try gaging the entire other team and watch them fall apart.
  • NedStarNedStar Join Date: 2013-08-30 Member: 187224Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Admin features are nice but won´t help the average joe playing on a random server. Having an extra mute key in the scoreboard that mutes text and requests from that player would be fantastic.

Yeah, but why not put both in at once. They're very related, if they do one without the other I think I'd be more annoyed than if they did neither.