Natural Selection 2 One Year Anniversary - Natural Selection 2

Comments

• VengaboyVengaboy The Swamp Join Date: 2013-08-24 Member: 187053Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    @Zomb3h TRON SKULK! tisk tisk

jk
  • Evil_IceEvil_Ice Join Date: 2004-07-09 Member: 29827Members, Squad Five Blue
    9WF0RE4.jpg
    Last sneak hint!

Is it a new alien model? Maybe a laser-sword? Is it an Onos remake?!? Is it the HMG?!?!?! Is it a new super ridiculous phase gate model?
  • AtokuAtoku Switzerland(VS) Join Date: 2012-11-16 Member: 171815Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    If we buy the shadow grade today, we got only the skulk or we got the skulk, gorge and lerk ?

• Warrior JWarrior J Join Date: 2012-11-19 Member: 172431Members, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    Just upgraded from Diamond to Shadow Tier. Also bought another copy off steam for a friend. Keep up the good work UWE!
  • NazoNazo Such Is Life in The Zone Join Date: 2010-12-16 Member: 75720Members, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    edited October 2013
    Evil_Ice wrote: »
    9WF0RE4.jpg
    Last sneak hint!

Is it a new alien model? Maybe a laser-sword? Is it an Onos remake?!? Is it the HMG?!?!?! Is it a new super ridiculous phase gate model?

I KNOW, I KNOW, ITS ƎɹɹoɹɔɐNoʇloɐpᴉuɟoɹɯɐ┴Iou
  • NeokenNeoken Bruges, Belgium Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27447Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester
    Atoku wrote: »
    If we buy the shadow grade today, we got only the skulk or we got the skulk, gorge and lerk ?

You get all the shadow models. ;)

• Zomb3hZomb3h Join Date: 2011-01-27 Member: 79241Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    9WF0RE4.jpg
    Last sneak hint!

emotions man...
    C4C01B72C2EACC93CE3AA9B0B571076727925747

Too MUCH
  • CCTEECCTEE Join Date: 2013-06-20 Member: 185634Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited October 2013
    @Evil_Ice Stop building up tension dude. This community is very sensitive to surprises which (slightly) disappoint.
    Just a friendly reminder.
    williamcorder-hanging.jpg
  • joohoo_n3djoohoo_n3d Join Date: 2012-10-30 Member: 164703Members, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Supporter
    @Evil_Ice ...dont listen to @CCTEE ...show us more art! maybe even cropped part of a spec map?!! ! @-) =P~
    edited October 2013
    CCTEE wrote: »
    @Evil_Ice Stop building up tension dude. This community is very sensitive to surprises which (slightly) disappoint.
    Just a friendly reminder.
    williamcorder-hanging.jpg

@CCTEE Maestro Evil_Ice never disappoints. Have you seen his earlier stuff on Half-Life mods? This guy goes WAY BACK.

Same goes for ez_jamin.
  • CCTEECCTEE Join Date: 2013-06-20 Member: 185634Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Ha lol, i just wanna know what he made, hence the motivation.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    edited October 2013
    I whish I could be more positive about the announcements, but I have to highlight this for my own good as stressed player :P

B258 top section: "First and foremost, our aim has been the reduce the incidence of crashes for users on 32-bit operating systems. Such crashes should be much, much less frequent now – Though we are not declaring total victory yet." -I expected a short update on this matter for B259. Is the victory achieved or are you set back by adding even more player models to the game?

And please make Eclipse playable and not a 2nd biodome performance wise. I coudn't forgive you a beautiful eclipse that runs like a beta (biodome is unplayable (b258) for me - every other map is a charme though). Btw, did B259 improve Biodome?
    As playtesters we've all been testing this build exclusively in a "simulated 32 bit" environment, by limiting the amount of memory available to mimic a 32 bit user.
    So far in our testing of this build with the additional models and assets, i think we had *one* crash between EU and NA play tests, and it wasn't clear that it was from memory issues.
    Basically, it should be mostly fixed for the < 10% of all steam users that are still using 32 bit.

So if you are having frequent or easily reproduce-able crashing issues related to memory, please make a tech support thread with your techsupport.exe zip file.
  • It's Super Effective!It's Super Effective! Join Date: 2012-08-28 Member: 156625Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Aww rats, I wanted to make a Eclipse trailer, Gonna have to up my game in time for release >:3
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
  • phoenixbbsphoenixbbs Join Date: 2003-02-10 Member: 13379Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Subnautica Playtester
    edited November 2013
  • XanarkanXanarkan France Join Date: 2013-10-31 Member: 188893Members
    I just began to play this game and I'm very happy to discover it !
  • MrFangsMrFangs Join Date: 2013-03-27 Member: 184474Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    MrFangs wrote: »
    Are the Shadow Skulk, Gorge and Lerk separate Steam codes, or is it a single unlock? Because I rarely play Gorge, so it would be wasted on me, so it would be great if I could pass it on separately. (I understand it works this way with the two marine skins, and is also legit in the eyes of UWE.)
    Could someone give feedback on this? Did you receive additional Steam codes for the two lifeforms, or did they "extend" the Skulk code to include them?
  • NazoNazo Such Is Life in The Zone Join Date: 2010-12-16 Member: 75720Members, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    Are the Shadow Skulk, Gorge and Lerk separate Steam codes, or is it a single unlock? Because I rarely play Gorge, so it would be wasted on me, so it would be great if I could pass it on separately. (I understand it works this way with the two marine skins, and is also legit in the eyes of UWE.)
    Could someone give feedback on this? Did you receive additional Steam codes for the two lifeforms, or did they "extend" the Skulk code to include them?

I bought the shadow badge a month or so ago

I received no new codes/emails, NS2 updated and I already had shadow gorge/lerk

( I think the Gorge/Lerk are connected to the Shadow Skulk code)
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    I am very happy with my shadow gorge and shadow lerk. I can't imagine what a shadow onos would look like.
    edited October 2013
    Competitive players aside, who wouldn't want this playing in the background in NS2?
    I have to use infinitelooper or external music player to play NS1 music in order to get a kick out of playing NS2. MAKE IT HAPPEN GUISE
  • joohoo_n3djoohoo_n3d Join Date: 2012-10-30 Member: 164703Members, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Zomb3h wrote: »
    Competitive players aside, who wouldn't want this playing in the background in NS2?
    I have to use infinitelooper or external music player to play NS1 music in order to get a kick out of playing NS2. MAKE IT HAPPEN GUISE
    AGREE!!
    I want the original NS music!
    wayyy more moody and dark...LOVE IT
  • Whitewolf88Whitewolf88 Join Date: 2013-01-22 Member: 181248Members
    edited October 2013

I'm fairly certain that they use that same ambiance in Sc2 or Sc1. It sounds extremely familiar and I've never played Ns1

• MrFangsMrFangs Join Date: 2013-03-27 Member: 184474Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Nazo wrote: »
    Did you receive additional Steam codes for the two lifeforms, or did they "extend" the Skulk code to include them?
    I received no new codes/emails, NS2 updated and I already had shadow gorge/lerk

Thanks, good to know. A pity, though, being able to pass on the Shadow Gorge would have been nice :)
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver

I know this... I know this... You sure it's not in NS2?
  • DarkSonicDarkSonic Join Date: 2005-01-09 Member: 34037Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Happy Birthday NS2 for just being the best game out there!
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    *sees pic* aaaah.. the bigger OC.. How I miss thee.

Also yes, the music was and is still awesome. :D
    edited November 2013

Lawls
    Some additional information on the youtube description...
    S5i0GEn.jpg
    Where's that part of the gun? Unless there's something else you're not showing.

edited November 2013
    Where's that part of the gun? Unless there's something else you're not showing.

Muhahah... muahahahaha... muahahahahaha!!!

You may never know...

You may never know...

nXXEMCKXMICSY.jpg