Give us more clogs!

KalopsiaKalopsia Join Date: 2003-05-15 Member: 16331Members, Reinforced - Shadow
Please bump up the Gorge clog count from 10 to at least 100 per gorge. Screw performance, we need to build castles to defend our hives! :D

Someone needs to make a Gorge Wars mod where players are all gorges and have to fortify their hive from the opposing team. Throw a few lerk lifts in there for bile bomb runs and I think we have a good mod :D

Comments

• MelancorMelancor Join Date: 2003-12-15 Member: 24415Members
    When I see a lerk throwing bile bombs and healing himself around every corner, I disconnect immediately. That's just like DonkeyKongGodMode = booooring.

Also, "at least 100" seems a bit exaggerated, don't you think? How about 15 clogs, and let's make them less breakable.
  • MouseMouse The Lighter Side of Pessimism Join Date: 2002-03-02 Member: 263Members, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Kalopsia wrote: »
    Someone needs to make a Gorge Wars mod where players are all gorges and have to fortify their hive from the opposing team. Throw a few lerk lifts in there for bile bomb runs and I think we have a good mod :D

^ this
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    If we were givin 100 clogs it would make ns2 gorge minecraft.
  • BobRossTheBossBobRossTheBoss Join Date: 2012-12-31 Member: 176824Members
    Let gorges ride lerks.
  • ZekZek Join Date: 2002-11-10 Member: 7962Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    Also how come marines are able to shoot the clogs? I'm pretty fed up with my structures being griefed all the time.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Zek wrote: »
    Also how come marines are able to shoot the clogs? I'm pretty fed up with my structures being griefed all the time.

This Eggs and Skulks is how the Kharra Human war began. Our gorges were artists building beautiful clog sculptures. Then the marines came and greifed them.
  • KalopsiaKalopsia Join Date: 2003-05-15 Member: 16331Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    james888 wrote: »
    it would make ns2 gorge minecraft.

But better!

Just imagine a maze of Gorge Tunnels.
    Amazing clog fortifications
    Dense Hydra forests
    Babblers raining down like fire

The maps wouldn't have to be overly detailed which would help with the performance.

Anyone want to put their hand up to code? :P

Kalopsia wrote: »
    james888 wrote: »
    it would make ns2 gorge minecraft.

But better!

Just imagine a maze of Gorge Tunnels.
    Amazing clog fortifications
    Dense Hydra forests
    Babblers raining down like fire

The maps wouldn't have to be overly detailed which would help with the performance.

Anyone want to put their hand up to code? :P

No map at all. Just open space all around a 5m by 5m platform. The rest of the map must be made out of clogs.
  • KalopsiaKalopsia Join Date: 2003-05-15 Member: 16331Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    haha awesome @AuroN2.

Decided to make a post in the coding forum to see if there would be any keen coders out there.
  • McCheeseMcCheese Join Date: 2012-11-21 Member: 172726Members
    sounds like a good mod that will be broken immediately after a new patch is released :)
    Haha yeah, only problem with so many builds.
  • delta78delta78 Join Date: 2013-01-08 Member: 178131Members
    Clogdom, the lost Paradise!

Make it happen! I completely support the idea!
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    AuroN2 wrote: »
    You want clog castles?

You cannot beat, clogdom.

Bilebomb lerks. What a great idea that was.
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    Best video I saw in a long time, :D
  • NazoNazo Such Is Life in The Zone Join Date: 2010-12-16 Member: 75720Members, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
  • NazoNazo Such Is Life in The Zone Join Date: 2010-12-16 Member: 75720Members, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    edited October 2013
    -bleh I thought I posted ^ yesterday, delete this duplicate-