Let streams have their own forum

BestProfileNameBestProfileName Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177320Members
edited October 2013 in NS2 General Discussion
As in "veteran" and "General" can we have a sub-forum JUST for streams? I've accidentally seen results looking on the ENSL website to see when matches are to be played, only to come here and find the match embedded within the 2313131312312 threads of another sub-forum. tee why

Comments

• SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    I have thought this would be a good idea before too.
  • NazoNazo Such Is Life in The Zone Join Date: 2010-12-16 Member: 75720Members, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    Under "Veteran" theres only the "Competitive play" discussions

maybe under "Veteran" we can get a "Competitive streaming" discussion area going
  • KbpringleKbpringle Join Date: 2013-08-21 Member: 187003Members
    With the focus on competitive streams basically acting as advertising for NS2 I would recommend that active streams (and an archived option) have a "banner" like feature underneath the Dev post tracker or Nav Bar.

I don't play competitively and apparently inducing shitty games is my superpower so watching the Season 3 streams is currently the highlight of my NS2 playtime.
  • TheKarvaTheKarva Join Date: 2011-06-13 Member: 104251Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Someone already stated this in another thread but... Streams should pop up in the in-game main menu. Lots of peeps who don't read forums at all, missing awesome streams.
  • SebSeb Melbourne, AU Join Date: 2013-04-01 Member: 184576Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Retired Community Developer
    What about an automatic stream tracker that hooks in the the twitch API and posts automatic updates to twitter and website about streams that are live? I know another indie game that does this (SpyParty) so I don't think it would be too difficult to implement.
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    Well maybe you could try putting this in the website feedback forum? :P
    But yeah anyway. Though, that would give @sebastianoswell another thread to scramble to post in before he starts to stream the ausns2.org league games. or ensl league games (i think?)

So an automatic stream tracker would be dandy.