Newly built CC stuck closed

CLARK_KENTCLARK_KENT Vancouver, Canada Join Date: 2002-11-21 Member: 9508Members, Reinforced - Silver
edited October 2013 in Technical Support
I've seen it twice in the past week or two of play.

Aliens rush base to kill/bile the marine's only CC.

Comm knows a beacon can't save it, so thus drops another CC in a 2nd tech point.

Marines build 2nd CC fully but it ends up stuck shut -- that is, nobody can enter. And the fun ends because the 1st CC has been destroyed, and now nobody can command to continue the game, even though there is a new fully built chair.

It's as if the game is still seing that the comm is still inside in the 1st chair, however, both times, I have seen the comm die (I was one of them). F4'ing to the ready room doesn't seem to help.

Anyone else experience this CC glitch?

Comments

• Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Not sure if similar bug, but happening to me more frequently is when I logout of a comm chair it makes the sound as if it's opening but I end up standing inside a coffin.
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    I've seen it before. No idea how to reproduce it though.
  • ConfusedConfused Wait. What? Join Date: 2003-01-28 Member: 12904Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester
    I vaguely recall a similar bug from the days of yore.

That said I haven't seen this one in a while. Any more details servers? Mods? Logs? etc
  • WyzcrakWyzcrak Pot Pie Aficionado Join Date: 2002-12-04 Member: 10447Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Pardon the three-year necro.
    CLARK_KENT wrote: »
    Aliens rush base to kill/bile the marine's only CC.

Comm knows a beacon can't save it, so thus drops another CC in a 2nd tech point.

Marines build 2nd CC fully but it ends up stuck shut -- that is, nobody can enter. And the fun ends because the 1st CC has been destroyed, and now nobody can command to continue the game, even though there is a new fully built chair.

It's as if the game is still seing that the comm is still inside in the 1st chair, however, both times, I have seen the comm die (I was one of them). F4'ing to the ready room doesn't seem to help.

Anyone else experience this CC glitch?
    Side-by-side gameplay footage of this defect tonight on TGNS. Build 309 ns2_descent.

Left camera is Marine Commander perspective. Right camera is Alien skulk perspective of bile rush.

Chair drop location (Fabrication) has functioning power before and after. I checked server log -- No errors (same as other reports in this defect's long past).
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Thanks for that @Wyzcrak
    Awesome synced video system you got there as well