HBZ vs. Gorge Busters @ 12pm PDT/9pm CEST! *Edit: VODs Posted*

RedDogRedDog Las Vegas Join Date: 2013-02-22 Member: 183267Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, WC 2013 - Shadow
edited October 2013 in NS2 General Discussion
Hey NS2 Lovers!

Bringing you this matchup in about 1hr15m from this post time on Twitch.tv/RedDogTV - See you there! :)

Comments

• RedDogRedDog Las Vegas Join Date: 2013-02-22 Member: 183267Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, WC 2013 - Shadow
  • UncleCrunchUncleCrunch Mayonnaise land Join Date: 2005-02-16 Member: 41365Members, Reinforced - Onos
    They invented Alien turtling. Bio/platform was like a no action land for 13 mins. Why persist on Atmospheric Exchange ?
    Vastly embarrassing.
  • NazoNazo Such Is Life in The Zone Join Date: 2010-12-16 Member: 75720Members, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    edited October 2013
    I left to eat dinner, and they were still in their round 3 game

90 mins, jeez
  • rantologyrantology Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143750Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    Red Dog deserves a medal for this.
  • RaZDaZRaZDaZ Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167331Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    My god, how his throat is not sore by the end of that match is beyond me. Hilariously bad but awesome game. Inb4 another 90minute game ;)
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Warning to anyone watching these after the event: you're going to need quite a long time to get through all the games.

Fun games, if (ahem) scrappy from both sides...
  • BicsumBicsum Join Date: 2012-02-27 Member: 147596Members, Reinforced - Gold
    Vastly embarrassing.

I was seriously so close to smashing my keyboard against the wall. I don't think I've ever had such frustrating rounds. My head hurts...
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    They invented Alien turtling. Bio/platform was like a no action land for 13 mins. Why persist on Atmospheric Exchange ?
    Vastly embarrassing.
    To be fair, they tickled platform a few times, but they simply couldn't leave agri labs as we were just turtling for an opportunity to push back and take the phase gates. Once they did leave agri and made a big push on platform, we had already gained the 3rd hive long enough to get aura, which honestly turned that game for us. The short-lived and sacrificed hydro hive was absolutely the game changer.
    @Bicsum - some great shooting there. You really pushed us hard in those games!
  • MaxAmusMaxAmus UK Join Date: 2003-12-26 Member: 24779Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Great games, either 90 mins or 9 mins Was still great round, so back and forth for such a ling time the fact we played a 4th round right after ! Gg to all who played!
  • moultanomoultano Creator of ns_shiva. Join Date: 2002-12-14 Member: 10806Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    Somebody needed to buy a friggin GL
  • BicsumBicsum Join Date: 2012-02-27 Member: 147596Members, Reinforced - Gold
    Alright, I'm cool again and I just wanted to say that you guys were better than us and deserved to win, well played. I was just so pissed, because we're doing the same mistakes over and over again (even the same ones that the old team did).

This whole season was just terrible, but I guess I just expected way too much, considering that almost the whole team hasn't played competitive ns2 before.

Let's see how the next season goes.
  • NeokenNeoken Bruges, Belgium Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27447Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester
    This must be some kind of record for NS2 comp gaming, right? :D
  • CCTEECCTEE Join Date: 2013-06-20 Member: 185634Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Neoken wrote: »

It was Reddog's longest cast ever anyway. I hope his body and mind recover from it. My back is hurting like hell from hanging in my chair and watching it.
    I did enjoy it though.

• MaxAmusMaxAmus UK Join Date: 2003-12-26 Member: 24779Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited October 2013
    Yea, i just watched the games back again, 3rd round was insane, and was really well played by both teams, 90 mins or not, we cant see what the other team are doing :)
    "No reddogs where harmed in the making off this movie"
  • SUPER_SARSSUPER_SARS Join Date: 2013-02-13 Member: 183039Members
    edited October 2013
    CCTEE wrote: »
    Neoken wrote: »

It was Reddog's longest cast ever anyway. I hope his body and mind recover from it. My back is hurting like hell from hanging in my chair and watching it.
    I did enjoy it though.

Its the longest I've seen this season. The 2nd longest was 87 minutes, that was between Silvermoon and Maximum Damage, also on Biodome.
  • RedDogRedDog Las Vegas Join Date: 2013-02-22 Member: 183267Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, WC 2013 - Shadow
    haha, all joking aside, it was an entertaining time! The teams obviously don't have complete map awareness like a spectator does - and we as 'armchair quarterbacks' can see much more than each team's respective commander! That was indeed the longest match I have casted, so it goes down in history on my channel.

Well played to both teams - I can't imagine how tired you both were after this match, considering that you already played 2 rounds BEFORE this monster of a match and still had to play a 4th! Kudos! I enjoyed my screaming :D
    And here we are folks, all in YouTube glory. It took me 12 hours to upload the full show haha. Grats to both teams! Round 1 is my favorite. Round 3, well, i'm trying to erase that from memory :D

Round 1:

Round 2:

Round 3:

Round 4:

FULL SHOW: