Gorge Tunnels

NeXuSNeXuS US Join Date: 2013-10-13 Member: 188681Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
edited October 2013 in Ideas and Suggestions
Is there any way the devs can prohibit gorge tunnels being built in vents and on top of structures that Marines can't get to without JPs? For example, the ledge by Terminal in Docking is a popular spot for tunnels. Also, on top of the walkway at Gravity Control in Descent is another. Its so annoying trying to clear a tunnel in a vent because Marines have no space. Its a huge Alien advantage.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Join Date: 2013-05-09 Member: 185176
    Vents would loose a big part of theire purpose(they are deadly to Aliens anyway)
  • CCTEECCTEE Join Date: 2013-06-20 Member: 185634Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    no need ! no need !
    Marines can kill most good tunnel locations (if they use brain)
    &
    Marines strong now!
  • BobRossTheBossBobRossTheBoss Join Date: 2012-12-31 Member: 176824Members
    ZM_Reaper wrote: »
    Is there any way the devs can prohibit gorge tunnels being built in vents and on top of structures that Marines can't get to without JPs? For example, the ledge by Terminal in Docking is a popular spot for tunnels. Also, on top of the walkway at Gravity Control in Descent is another. Its so annoying trying to clear a tunnel in a vent because Marines have no space. Its a huge Alien advantage.

You can get up to the tunnel in landing pad by jumping on top of the the pathway cover via crates then jumping on to the window (I usually equip the axe for a minor boost).

• DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    I dislike the idea. (I also dislike that nsl doesn't allow).
    Just counter them different, boost each other in the vent, nade it or something along those lines.
  • SeeVeeSeeVee Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165206Members
    Now that Marines have nades and JP the tunnels are not an issue.
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    NOW that marines have nades and jp? When did you last play?
  • _INTER__INTER_ Join Date: 2009-08-08 Member: 68392Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Compromise: Get rid of pogo-rines and only then touch tunnels. Kay?
    Imagine dealing with a DC/SC it the overlook vent... Ah good times...
    Soo YOU were the one that immediately went DC chamber at the start of the game just to turtle up in a vent and survive even dead hives until Marines research JP ?!? :P
  • maD_maX_maD_maX_ Join Date: 2013-04-07 Member: 184678Members
    No I was the one who went SC just so I could own skylights...
  • MoFoMoFo Join Date: 2013-09-09 Member: 188047Members
    Worst thing they could do is start limiting where we can place the tunnels...

They need to make Gorge Tunnels require research again, and make Babblers free.

Gorge was perfect before the reinforced changes... I don't remember anyone ever complaining about tunnel locations before.
  • HobocopHobocop Join Date: 2010-11-23 Member: 75226Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited October 2013
    No one complained because most comms in pubs didn't research gorge tunnels until much later in the game when marines already had or were close to accessing the tools to deal with them should they be in difficult to reach locations.
  • Squirreli_Squirreli_ Join Date: 2012-04-25 Member: 151046Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Tunnels will be fixed soon, according to this thread. No worries. These so-called "innovative placements" aka. cheap exploits will soon be gone <3