NS2 aka 'Project Blueballs'

2»

Comments

• VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Kalopsia wrote: »
    Benson wrote: »
    I just like explosions :D

Also, the escape idea is great. Have set points on the map, away from techpoints, that players (both marine and alien) have to get to, after all of their buildings explode dramatically, of course (maybe even with FF on to enhance the idea of running away!).

Much more interesting than concede!!

Exactly. Having a 1 minute last stand or escape idea would make the abrupt end much more enjoyable for both teams.

In combination with the awesome soundtrack of the main menu! (The part that starts at 1:00).

The NS2 soundtrack is horribly underused!

Can someone make a mod for this?
  • KamamuraKamamura Join Date: 2013-03-06 Member: 183736Members, Reinforced - Gold
    This needs to be repeated over and over - you can't force people who consider the round lost to keep on playing - and it's wrong to try.
  • BentRingBentRing Join Date: 2003-03-04 Member: 14318Members

Also, the escape idea is great. Have set points on the map, away from techpoints, that players (both marine and alien) have to get to, after all of their buildings explode dramatically, of course (maybe even with FF on to enhance the idea of running away!).

Exactly. Having a 1 minute last stand or escape idea would make the abrupt end much more enjoyable for both teams.

In combination with the awesome soundtrack of the main menu! (The part that starts at 1:00).

It's not quite what you have in mind, but the tactical gamer servers have had a concede mod for months now where concede grants the winning team one minute of invincibility to kill the remaining tech point or the conceding team wins. I'm sure it wouldn't take much to tweak it into what you envision.

• BensonBenson Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Kamamura wrote: »
    This needs to be repeated over and over - you can't force people who consider the round lost to keep on playing - and it's wrong to try.

I heartily agree with this, but if the primary game is over, and an enjoyable minigame of escape or die begins, it IS a different game. At the very least it gives the losing team some way to achieve "moral victory", like not giving the enemy team the satisfaction of killing you.

Personally, when i know the game is over, I try to get my team to do one final all in to destroy a base before we lose, thus giving the losing team something to take their mind off the fact that they lost horribly.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    BentRing wrote: »

It's not quite what you have in mind, but the tactical gamer servers have had a concede mod for months now where concede grants the winning team one minute of invincibility to kill the remaining tech point or the conceding team wins. I'm sure it wouldn't take much to tweak it into what you envision.

Never heard of that server. EU or US?
  • BentRingBentRing Join Date: 2003-03-04 Member: 14318Members