What if burning marine structures took damage?

Cr4zyb4st4rdCr4zyb4st4rd United Kingdom Join Date: 2012-08-09 Member: 155200Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
edited October 2013 in Ideas and Suggestions
So here's something I thought of while hating life with 1bite extractors left after I die.

What if a marine structure once on fire for being on low heath took damage overtime? Much like an alien structure off infestation.

Comments

• It's Super Effective!It's Super Effective! Join Date: 2012-08-28 Member: 156625Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    With that logic, if a marine/alien got brutally hurt and barely escaped, shouldn't they bleed to death?

Marines have it hard enough surviving battles, on themselves and even their RTs.

I disagree with the OP's suggestion.
  • crymearivercrymeariver Join Date: 2013-08-29 Member: 187185Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I think it is already easy enough for aliens to get around the map to bite down marine extractors. No need to make it harder on the marine that cleared the extractor by punishing him if he doesn't have a welder/weld immediately.
  • B3rTB3rT Join Date: 2013-02-14 Member: 183058Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    There is no friendly fire in this game. why should there be a single exception for that?

If friendly fire, then for all weapons. But I don't thin that would work on servers with 16+ player ...
  • CCTEECCTEE Join Date: 2013-06-20 Member: 185634Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    B3rT wrote: »
    There is no friendly fire in this game. why should there be a single exception for that?

If friendly fire, then for all weapons. But I don't thin that would work on servers with 16+ player ...

Thats not what he means with 'on fire'.

• azurescorchazurescorch Join Date: 2012-09-29 Member: 161030Members, Reinforced - Silver
    edited October 2013
    Lower res intake instead perhaps? Or slower harvester damage when de-creeped. Either way you know my opinion, which is that I don't really care.

Also guys, I think he means for it to slowly take damage until it gets to a certain point. Not that it'll tick down until it dies.