Editor Bug?

[AwE]Sentinel[AwE]Sentinel Join Date: 2012-06-05 Member: 152949Members
Lately I get a strange problem when I continue working on a map. Outgoing from the newly added geometry (b257), the game creates "ghost geometry". It is not visible in the editor. Everything looks like a normal room as long as you don't play the game. The phenomen seems to take random textures used in a section of the map and creates something chaotic that becomes narrower:

FDYR1Rs.jpg?1

xMH58Wx.jpg

Also, since I added a NonCollision group to the map, random faces get added or removed I believe. At least sometimes I just fall through the ready room floor or other ground geometry. But I never actively added stuff to the group. Only once a single face for a test. Is my computer going to hell or is that related to 257?

I can't play the game because of the allocate/32bit crashes for several builds now and even the editor is bugging me. This is very frustrating and it is not the first time for me, it is more like the 10th time since build ~150 that I can't play for a long time. At least I was able to map until now...

Disabling or enabling mods doesn't change the outcome. I once fixed it by removing an IP and once I could make the phenomen smaller by changing a standard "grating" texture with a custom texture. Could all be coincidences, but I thought it was worth mentioning. Qapla'

Comments

• SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited October 2013
    Known. Fixed in 258...hopefully.
  • [AwE]Sentinel[AwE]Sentinel Join Date: 2012-06-05 Member: 152949Members
    Nope, 258 didn't fix it ;) It seems to happen less frequent though.
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    SamusDroid wrote: »
    Known. Fixed in 258...hopefully.

Still happens. :( I have two directories I work in. One is in my documents where I keep all the main files for my map. Then, whenever I test it, I SAVE a copy of the map in my ns2 directory using a slightly different name (ns2_hotdogs-test). I run the game, and the geometry is screwed up. I open up the level from the documents folder, and without doing anything else, simply save it again to the ns2 directory, and it's fixed.

It tends to have the crazy geo in the areas I was just working in. I wonder if it has anything to do with what you had selected when you saved...