NS2 and NS1 notification sounds and ringtones

SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Posts: 2,154Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts mod
edited October 2013 in NS2 General Discussion
So I was getting sick of my old notification tones, so I got some from the NS2 files, thought I would share them in case someone else wants them, since they aren't the easiest thing to get.
Link
Includes:
8nq96Df.png
3Dpdu0V.png
Total size now: 3.60 MB

I am taking request if anyone wants a specific sound.
Post edited by SamusDroid on
My mods --- Watermod collaboration with Feha
For some reason, the instant you ask players to behave differently to be successful, they associate that with bad mapping. - KungFuDiscoMonkey
Z5UIr2s.png
SquishpokePOOPFACECarNagE1LokiSeeVeeNazoNordicDGKHaploRoobubbaBentRingTmpltRøvSparkerMcGlaspieTychoCelchuuuJantunenhalfofaheavenDefaultErrorvartijaInfinity_XSolidSpiderAurOn2aeroneticblindBensonmeatmachineShellMoCannon_FodderAUSFursSarvijaakkoFoxyKeatsNominousDrNo.trixX.IeptBarakatmoultano

Comments

• SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Posts: 1,582Members, Reinforced - Shadow Advanced user
    Alien chuckle next! Or Lerk taunt!
    To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to play Natural Selection 2. The gameplay is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of military strategy and advanced mathematics you won't even win a single game. Theres also the game's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into the game. The maps and artwork draw heavily from Riddley Scott's Alien franchise, for instance. The players understand this stuff, they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depth of the game, to realise that it's not just great, that it also says something about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Natural Selection 2 truly ARE idiots. of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in the Marines' existential catchphrase "how do I get to be so good", which itself is a cryptic reference to the high degree of intelligence required to play the game as intended. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion when spectating a game. What fools... how I pity them. And, yes, by the way, i DO have a Fade tatoo. And no, you cannot see it. it's for the ladies' eyes only, and even then they have to demonstrate that they are within 50 hive skill points of my own (preferable lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid.
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Posts: 2,154Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts mod
    Squishpoke wrote: »
    Alien chuckle next! Or Lerk taunt!
    I'll add all the taunts and chuckles, as well as the sounds they make when they spawn.
    For some reason, the instant you ask players to behave differently to be successful, they associate that with bad mapping. - KungFuDiscoMonkey
    Z5UIr2s.png
    NarfwakAurOn2Nazo
  • MouseMouse The Lighter Side of Pessimism Join Date: 2002-03-02 Member: 263Posts: 3,555Members, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow mod
    SamusDroid wrote: »
    *Xenocide
    I think I've found my new morning alarm

-/AUS/- PS_Mouse
    AurOn2SamusDroidNazo
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Posts: 2,154Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts mod
    edited October 2013
    Mouse wrote: »
    *Xenocide

I know! It's definitely my favorite one ;)
    I don't know how I forgot to stick beacon sound in there though. That would wake you up!
    Z5UIr2s.png
  • HeatSurgeHeatSurge Some Guy Join Date: 2012-09-15 Member: 159438Posts: 1,188Members, Reinforced - Supporter Advanced user
    Mouse wrote: »
    *Xenocide

You might wanna extract the "let's move"/"let's go" marine sounds... and maybe the "objective completed" when you press the button? UWE should contract some cheap ns2-themed alarm clocks for teh lulz and revenue lulz.
    AurOn2
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Posts: 2,130Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff mod
    edited October 2013
    Oh god. ... actually yeah. That might just work.. yeah..
    what a way to wake up though, thinking you're going to be blown up.
    Skulks under the bed....... dont let the bedskulks bite. *shiver*
    Send me a private message if you need me to kill someone "help" with anything.

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, “You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.” - George Carlin.

Youtube Channel for Sydney Music
    Scorpion9908
  • KattcattisKattcattis Join Date: 2013-01-31 Member: 182683Posts: 96Members, Reinforced - Shadow Advanced user
    I want the lerk taunt/scream really much :D I will surely have it on my phone!!!
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Posts: 4,670Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow Advanced user
    Oh yes! Lerk taunt and this will be complete.
    From my perspective UWE has been trying to both with what little resources they have given to the game. They don't have an AAA budget, let alone an indie game budget. They have the budget of a game that has been out 6 years. I want to say, don't half ass two things, whole ass one thing. I just don't think they have the resources to do it. Unlike many of the people on the forums, I guess I am just happy they are at least trying even though I may not like what they end up doing.
    edited October 2013
    Added:
    Obc8XAY.png

Renamed everything to use a different file naming convention to make it easier to find when browsing through sound list on your device, sorry for the inconvenience.
    Z5UIr2s.png
    Nordic
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Posts: 4,670Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow Advanced user
    Most of these sounds have a trailing off that is not great for a ring tone.

Gorge taunt, Lerk taunt, Onos Stomp, Round Win, Distress beacon, and welders will be used. Not sure what for though. So many sounds too little notifications.
    From my perspective UWE has been trying to both with what little resources they have given to the game. They don't have an AAA budget, let alone an indie game budget. They have the budget of a game that has been out 6 years. I want to say, don't half ass two things, whole ass one thing. I just don't think they have the resources to do it. Unlike many of the people on the forums, I guess I am just happy they are at least trying even though I may not like what they end up doing.
    edited October 2013
    Yeah I noticed some kinda just end, as well as the distress beacon loops weird, so I'll make a non ending version of that. And make it so songs sounds better if you loop them. Most of them are for one time play kinda this, for notification sounds. But they should still be loopable ;)
    Z5UIr2s.png
    NedStar
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Posts: 3,191Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow Fully active user
    Going to play with these in the morning, but you get an awesome up front for doing this :)
    For all your gorge busting needs.
    It is very strange how some1 who spend so much time makeing videos to help mans, can fall and take miror image of dark ages bourgeoisie, outdated set of belifs
    How True.
  • BentRingBentRing Join Date: 2003-03-04 Member: 14318Posts: 397Members
    Awesome, thanks!
    a.k.a. Roland tHTG
  • TmpltTmplt Join Date: 2013-07-24 Member: 186368Posts: 7Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver
    edited October 2013
    I can imagine waking up to distress_beacon. I'd never play Marines again..

Thanks for the tones!
  • CCTEECCTEE Join Date: 2013-06-20 Member: 185634Posts: 772Members, Reinforced - Shadow Advanced user
    I'll put 'Win' as alarmclock.
    Cause i am a do-er, not a dont-er!
    grrrr im beast
    Hamlet
  • RøvSparkerRøvSparker Binghamton, NY Join Date: 2012-11-27 Member: 173442Posts: 6Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow Fully active user
    How about marine audio? This is some good stuff! Thank you
    *IMAGE BALEETED.* Sig images may not exceed 400px wide, 75px high, or 40KB filesize, in total. No exceptions. -Talesin
  • derfyderfy Join Date: 2012-10-30 Member: 164630Posts: 15Members, Reinforced - Shadow Fully active user
    I would use beacon as my alarm if I didn't already have a good one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXXrpgpWJQY
    Marine audio as in?
    Z5UIr2s.png
  • RøvSparkerRøvSparker Binghamton, NY Join Date: 2012-11-27 Member: 173442Posts: 6Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow Fully active user
    Marine taunt would be cool.
    *IMAGE BALEETED.* Sig images may not exceed 400px wide, 75px high, or 40KB filesize, in total. No exceptions. -Talesin
    But which one, there are like 25.
    Z5UIr2s.png
    AurOn2
  • BentRingBentRing Join Date: 2003-03-04 Member: 14318Posts: 397Members
    But which one, there are like 25.

Yes, we'll take them. You've spoiled us too much, don't make us pick and choose now. ;)

Also, this has my vote for the best alarm clock, but the beacon would be a close second.

a.k.a. Roland tHTG
    AurOn2Nazo
  • SeeVeeSeeVee Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165206Posts: 425Members Advanced user
    I have some of these on my droid and a couple of people at work recognized the sounds. It would be good to have some marine "let's move out" and a few of the other cool ones.

Thanks for your work on this :)
    Nazo
  • NazoNazo Such Is Life in The Zone Join Date: 2010-12-16 Member: 75720Posts: 293Members, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold Fully active user
    "My shrink says I need an outlet for my aggression"

For that special someone on your contacts
    Vetinarimeatmachine
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Posts: 3,445Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver Advanced user
    Nazo wrote: »
    "My shrink says I need an outlet for my aggression"

For that special someone on your contacts

Thank you. Thank you thank you thank you. Finally I know what this guy is saying when I press T!
    formerly known as F0rdPrefect

I am good Onos
    Bump because its awesome.

Also, distress beacon is a surprisingly effective alarm. It has on numerous occasions made me literally jump out of bed.

Thirdly, @SamusDroid, to find this thread again I went to your profile to see the threads you have created. I am subscribed to 12/16 coincidently.
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Posts: 2,818Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts admin
    Add in fade swipe! (maybe double it up for two swipes in one file?) I need a text notification, and that'd be perfect.