D3D9 TEXTURE COMMON GLITCH (with images)

RadimaXRadimaX Join Date: 2013-02-05 Member: 182840Members
edited September 2013 in Technical Support
So from time to time i get this texture error that stays for an entire map rotation even if the game is 2 hours long. Does anyone else experience this?

I dont know what is causing it but it definatly destroys any immersion you have in the game, it feels like im playing this on a tamaguchi from 1992
All i am searching for is answers, somone said there was some texture scaling option in the forums before but i usually dont change things in the console except sensitivity so i just want to find a sulution for this:

onmNsaC.jpg

By0oTGE.jpg

GTX 570 - 1280 MB GDDR5
0.5+1 terrabyte Hdd

Comments

• Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Yeah, those sweet sweet seconds of picmip 10. Before it loads in :( Happens because of alt tabs too.
  • RadimaXRadimaX Join Date: 2013-02-05 Member: 182840Members
    yeah picmip maby its called where i read on forums but this is ENTIRE GAMES! and if stand in que for 10 mins on a popular server its not like im gonna want to reconnect just to get a SERVER FULL message because of this :/ i just want it working
  • NarfwakNarfwak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5258Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica PT Lead, NS2 Community Developer
    edited September 2013
    Did you alt-tab while you were loading the map (even if only for part of the load)? So far that is the only way I've been able to repro that or similar issues with textures failing to load. If you need to alt-tab while the game is loading just make sure you alt-enter to toggle fullscreen=>windowed and this shouldn't happen (if it does let us know).

In general alt-tabbing in fullscreen mode causes problems, and the more you do it or the longer you leave it alt-tabbed the worse those problems tend to be. The best advice I can give is to avoid doing it (or switch to windowed mode first).
    Yeah i usually check the forums inbetween rounds and i definatly alt tab every game, i run Fullscreen Windowed in options, sometimes when i get 1 pixel white line around the boarder of the screen i hit alt+enter but the texture smothness wont go away until an entirely new map
  • 1dominator11dominator1 Join Date: 2010-11-19 Member: 75011Members
    No it only looks like that the first 2 min. But I wish I had this glitch, maybe I would be able to play the game without out of memory crashes 30 min in.
  • NarfwakNarfwak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5258Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica PT Lead, NS2 Community Developer
    Try texture streaming enabled? Phoe has had similar problems and using that helped him a lot.
  • CarNagE1CarNagE1 Poland Join Date: 2003-05-14 Member: 16298Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Playtester

If you hit alt+enter twice instantly and before game goes back to fullscreen hit ctrl+esc when you go back to game there will be only low res textures.

Its allready been reported, and DEVs are working on it...
  • CarNagE1CarNagE1 Poland Join Date: 2003-05-14 Member: 16298Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Playtester
    hit alt+enter twice that will help...
    oh so it IS an actual GLITCH i was thinking it is only me that had this wierd coincidence but it happens daily so its very disturbing given that it never occured in the pas builds or pre 255 atleast what i can recall
  • ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
    I wish my game looked like that normally
    I call it a low texture mode ;p. Bad thing is that the map is not showing up.
  • darkhunt333darkhunt333 Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165414Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    well i had same fps regardless how it looked so its not like it benifits you in any other way than make it look like clay
    edited September 2013
    It wouldn't have been occuring between 252 and 255 for most users because fullscreen didn't work until 255. This generally only happens if you alt-tab while a map is loading in fullscreen mode.
  • VengaboyVengaboy The Swamp Join Date: 2013-08-24 Member: 187053Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I've been having this issue as well. You are not alone
  • 1dominator11dominator1 Join Date: 2010-11-19 Member: 75011Members
    edited September 2013
    Please devs, do not fix the alt tab during loading forcing primitive textures bug until you get the mem crashes sorted out. Alt tabing and forcing primitive textures significantly (1 round w/out 3+ rounds with) delays the cant allocate memory crash for me and likely anyone else who trys it.
    Also the allocate memory crash might be caused by fragmentation? I check mem usage leading up to the crash and it was barely 2gig and yet it still crashed.
    Too late it's already fixed. Sorry.