Supporter badge crashes the game

kalakujakalakuja Join Date: 2012-09-11 Member: 159045Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter
edited September 2013 in Technical Support
Ever since i bought the supporter badge my game keeps crashing alot. 4 crashes on 1 map pcw.
I get failed to allocate bytes crash, normal crash, black screen stuck crash, even "server couldn't match the file" error in middle of round while others play happily the round without disconnect.

Same computer, same install, different account without a badge. No crashes at all.

specs:
win 7 64bit
i5-3570k @ 4,2GHZ
gtx 670
8gb ram

What gives?
ps. Can i remove the badge dlc somehow?

Comments

• GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited September 2013
    Thought these problems have been fixed. Have you tried the basic fix steps allready?

Edit: About the ps nope thats not really possible.
  • kalakujakalakuja Join Date: 2012-09-11 Member: 159045Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter
    Well it's the exactly same files but login on different account.
    Reinstalls, dx modes, graphic modes all the same for the crash; works on other account with same settings perfectly.
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited September 2013
    I just meant disabling all mods , validating your game files and reseting your steam account bound configs so we can be sure that you got all 257 files. Anyway is this happening on all servers? Is there any error in you log.txt ?
  • kalakujakalakuja Join Date: 2012-09-11 Member: 159045Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited September 2013
    Yes, i've reinstalled the game, deleted the whole %appdata% section and set up steam settings from a scratch.
    Both accounts get the "Error: Couldn't open file 'D:/build/assets/materialsrc/biodome/biodome_glass_01.material'
    Error: No shader specified for material 'D:/build/assets/materialsrc/biodome/biodome_glass_01.material'" spam on log.txt
    Important can be also to delete /steam/userdata/steamid/4920/ <- acount bound configs (disable also steam cloud for ns2). And that error seems to be normal as i also have it.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    By "perfectly" do you mean you've played with that account for hours and still do not experience the crash?
    Would be interesting if you can reliably crash it through a certain set of actions more than others, like a PCW or server mod... and then verify that there's 100% no crashing for an extended period of time.
    edited September 2013
    Important can be also to delete /steam/userdata/steamid/4920/ <- acount bound configs (disable also steam cloud for ns2). And that error seems to be normal as i also have it.
    Hmm good idea. The only thing that these 2 setups differ is the badge
    tried this but it crashed twice on server connect.
    on connect to hbz:
    Error: attempt to index a number value
    then 1h of working polish dak modded pub
    then connecting to nsl modded pcw server it just crashed by : program not responding windows pop up without any error on log
    edited September 2013
    Hmm so it could be a mod problem. I am not sure atm if HBZ and NSL Mod were updated after 257. Otherwise i would ask you to post a tech_support.zip of both used accounts. So we can be sure its not another thing which differs between them.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Yea we would need isolated tests, more than likely using zero mods, connecting to Official UWE servers etc. in order to actually compare
    Don't really have time for tests and i mostly just play pcws with the nsl mod. Solved by restarting the game at the start of every round :(