Make concede vote not public

13»

Comments

• Zero1343Zero1343 Join Date: 2013-09-22 Member: 188407Members
    I don't have a problem with the current vote to concede. only the once has it happened where we hadn't completely lost. you do sometimes see a vote to concede early on but they never go through.
  • amoralamoral Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177250Members
    They have no "right" to know how many have voted, it's just a feature. /:)

they have no right to concede either, it's just a feature... see how that went?
  • MestaritonttuMestaritonttu Join Date: 2004-07-29 Member: 30229Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    amoral wrote: »

...just fine?

Wanna try again?
  • amoralamoral Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177250Members

...just fine?

Wanna try again?

just saying that what you said said very little.

• xen32xen32 Join Date: 2012-10-18 Member: 162676Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited September 2013
    So you have four screenshots of games ending in a surrender (by the way, you don't mention when the surrender happened) and you hold that up as evidence that a) concedes happen too often at times when they are not appropriate, and b) this problem is occurring precisely because people are notified when someone votes to concede?
    Again, if you'd read the topic, you'd notice that this was a reply to person who stated that concede is not common. It was mentioned that these 4 were my 4 first games this day. And it was mentioned, that 3 of 4 were totally legit concede reasons. Those screenshots were not related to original post, but a reply to 'people don't concede that often'.
    only the once has it happened where we hadn't completely lost. you do sometimes see a vote to concede early on but they never go through.
    And this and only this is what I am talking about.
  • MestaritonttuMestaritonttu Join Date: 2004-07-29 Member: 30229Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold

...just fine?

Wanna try again?

just saying that what you said said very little.

I guess. I always get an itch to correct people who like to jump on the right-train. Dat train is so easily derailed. *Coke zero voice* AS IT SHOULD BE. Don't toss your "rights" around or they lose meaning. :P
  • Blarney_StoneBlarney_Stone Join Date: 2013-03-08 Member: 183808Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited September 2013
    xen32 wrote: »
    So you have four screenshots of games ending in a surrender (by the way, you don't mention when the surrender happened) and you hold that up as evidence that a) concedes happen too often at times when they are not appropriate, and b) this problem is occurring precisely because people are notified when someone votes to concede?
    Again, if you'd read the topic, you'd notice that this was a reply to person who stated that concede is not common. It was mentioned that these 4 were my 4 first games this day. And it was mentioned, that 3 of 4 were totally legit concede reasons. Those screenshots were not related to original post, but a reply to 'people don't concede that often'.

It's still anecdotal evidence based on very small sample size, and therefore flawed logic. That would be like me saying, "I just flipped a coin four times and it landed on heads 3 times and tails 1 time. Clearly it is more likely that a coin will land on heads than land on tails."

• xen32xen32 Join Date: 2012-10-18 Member: 162676Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    It's still anecdotal evidence based on very small sample size, and therefore flawed logic. That would be like me saying, "I just flipped a coin four times and it landed on heads 3 times and tails 1 time. Clearly it is more likely that a coin will land on heads than land on tails."
    I'm not going to screenshot every game I play, just believe that most matches end by concede for me (whatever reason, prematurely or at perfectly right time).
  • Blarney_StoneBlarney_Stone Join Date: 2013-03-08 Member: 183808Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    And if that's your experience, that's your experience. That doesn't necessarily translate to "people concede too often" being the truth. Other people could very well have different experiences with concede, and based on reading this thread it seems as though there are many who believe that people don't concede nearly often enough.
  • Genocide_PeteGenocide_Pete Join Date: 2013-09-21 Member: 188380Members
    xen32 wrote: »
    How is it "cowardly" to want to end a game that has already ended so you can start a new one?
    What I often see is:
    1. We are not steamrolling enemy -> concede
    2. One big rush lost -> concede
    3. 3rd hive down -> concede
    4. Random thing goes wrong -> concede
    Are you familiar with the concept of confirmation bias?
  • NedStarNedStar Join Date: 2013-08-30 Member: 187224Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Please no. Concede sometimes happens too fast, but in general I can say it doesn't happen enough or simply doesn't happen at all.

Sure I've seen games where people concede way too fast, games we've ended up winning! But in general those games don't end due to a lack of concede votes. Very rarely does a possible winning game turn into a quick concede by a single drawback, sure plenty who do vote but usually not enough to end it. Seems to vary from server to server though as I did have rounds like you mentioned. But it's pretty rare for me.

In general I don't vote concede that often unless we're stuck on one base with no possible come-back. Sadly enough those really one sided games usually have too few vote conceding and a comm who keeps "trying".
    I still think a good comm will simply recycle the ips when all hope is lost. I known it's frowned upon by many here but letting your team respawn and die for minutes on end is the unjust thing to do in my eyes.
    I used to always recycle IPs but I generally have gotten tons of criticism for it... but then again I also get criticism when I go for an arms lab before phase gates. Sometimes people just don't know what's good for them ;)