Server Join Que Broken on Reserved Slot Servers

Mac1OManMac1OMan Join Date: 2004-10-29 Member: 32510Members, Reinforced - Supporter
edited September 2013 in Technical Support
This has annoyed me on one of my favorite servers. I really like queing and then alt tabbing until I get in, but with servers with reserved slots this isn't possible.

In this example there are 2 reserved slots for a 24 person server. So if 22-24 people are on the server I have to get lucky and wait for it to drop to 21.

Comments

• GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited September 2013
    This is what the server admin want to have 22 normal slots and 2 reserved slots which can be taken if needed, so a admin can join his server even when its full.
    Indeed that normal ppl can join at 22/22 is a bug and will be fixed as soon as UWE provides a method to get the real number of connected clients of a server.

And that those servers are not filtered is a bug by NS2

More Infos: https://github.com/Person8880/Shine/wiki/Reserved-Slots
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    His problem is that it won't queue... It's like release build where you had to just keep hitting join :|
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    Ghosthree3 wrote: »
    His problem is that it won't queue... It's like release build where you had to just keep hitting join :|
    Seems like the queue ignores the R_S tag
  • Mac1OManMac1OMan Join Date: 2004-10-29 Member: 32510Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Ghosthree3 wrote: »

Thank you for clarifying :)