Drifter remake

2»

Comments

• cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    I thought this was a drifter role/balance remake. (which has happened way too much already)

The new drifter seems nice, maybe make it a little more round/smooth on its top side and remember not to make too big.
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    You never cease to amaze me with your work Reeke :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Join Date: 2003-11-28 Member: 23688
    coolitic wrote: »
    and remember not to make too big.

Its dimensions are almost identical to the original drifter, you'd barely notice any difference If I layed them on top of each other.

I'm thinking the extra bit of detail is just making it look bigger in those screengrabs when the original isn't there beside it as reference.

• HowserHowser UK Join Date: 2010-02-08 Member: 70488Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
    looks wonderful! The low quality of the current drifter really stands out, even more so given how important and widely used they are. Hopefully this will be integrated into the game when its done.
    I do feel the drifter needs some glowy bits on its back to make it stand out more for commanders and just make it more visually striking.
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    But is it animated.
  • HowserHowser UK Join Date: 2010-02-08 Member: 70488Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
    good point. It looks like the model conforms to the old skeleton so you'll have no problems attaching it using the skin modifier. exporting and compiling is the biggest pain so good luck with that.
    it seems the drifter animations are contained within the one 3dsmax file in assets. So you do have access to all the animations and rig. The compile log only requests "drifter.dae" for all animations. It seems to use a different system to the main life forms which have a seperate .dae for each animation. Frames seem to be defined within the 3ds max file not sure where these names are stored or visible. Any ideas?

animation "attack10" "drifter.dae" from "attack10_SFRAME" to "attack10_EFRAME"

The good news is you have them so compiling should be fine as long as you don't change anything other than the model
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited January 2014
    BTW you need 3ds max 2009 32 bit in order to export the model and have the animation work. I'm sure you already know that seeing as you are very talented.
  • deathshrouddeathshroud Join Date: 2010-04-10 Member: 71291Members
    classic gorge pig is what the people want
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Howser wrote: »
    good point. It looks like the model conforms to the old skeleton so you'll have no problems attaching it using the skin modifier. exporting and compiling is the biggest pain so good luck with that.
    it seems the drifter animations are contained within the one 3dsmax file in assets. So you do have access to all the animations and rig. The compile log only requests "drifter.dae" for all animations. It seems to use a different system to the main life forms which have a seperate .dae for each animation. Frames seem to be defined within the 3ds max file not sure where these names are stored or visible. Any ideas?

animation "attack10" "drifter.dae" from "attack10_SFRAME" to "attack10_EFRAME"

The good news is you have them so compiling should be fine as long as you don't change anything other than the model

Frame tags do it.
    e03211a1ded5afbdb79c2adb48ce58.jpg
    WHO PUT THAT THERE!? Yeah i know very little about animations... static props for me good sir!
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    So uh... how bout that drifter? Is that going into the game? :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Join Date: 2003-11-28 Member: 23688
    I'm currently looking for a new job as my last contract has ended, so my priority right now is getting my portfolio brought up-to-date with two new projects.

After that I can see about rigging this up to the existing drifter rig to see how far I can take it.
  • CarnaxusCarnaxus REIGN OF CHAOS! co_sava (NS1) Join Date: 2004-10-01 Member: 32036Members
    Reeke wrote: »
    I'm currently looking for a new job as my last contract has ended, so my priority right now is getting my portfolio brought up-to-date with two new projects.

After that I can see about rigging this up to the existing drifter rig to see how far I can take it.

Bit of a necro, but you could use this as part of your portfolio, probably. Extraordinary model.
  • MauvaisVitrierMauvaisVitrier France Join Date: 2014-04-10 Member: 195291Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond
    really nice work, love it