what happened to 32 man servers?

2»

Comments

• DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    I cant code for crap, and am myself not interested in playing on big servers.

So uhm.. take the suggestion while I fade out into the shadows. :D
  • DavilDavil Florida, USA Join Date: 2012-08-14 Member: 155602Members, Constellation
    I liked 32 slot servers and there were a few good ones. They had faster spawns and more action. A 6 person game is just slow to me and 1 player makes too big of an impact, whereas a 32 person game requires a lot more of a team effort. This is of course referring to pub games only.
  • kendopekendope Join Date: 2013-04-06 Member: 184663Members
    RIP Onos Bar.. It was probably the best server ns 2 ever had.
  • RustyRusty Canada Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185850Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver
    24 +2 is a good match up the +2 being spectators Diamond servers do it

Thanks. Yes it is a good match. But you have to have a solid server and a constant community who are determined enough to learn about each other's playing style. This way you know your opponent and as such games become more intense and more creative.

Oh and an update. I finally played Portal 2. The cake is a lie...

• BeerTentBeerTent Join Date: 2012-11-11 Member: 169639Members
    edited November 2013
    IMO, 32 people is a lot, and with what NS2 is, we want a clear concise tactical push. Not a skulk Zerg-Rush every time murderizing every single thing in their path.

That being said, Oh my god 32 man servers are hilariously fun. I'm a firm believer that shenanigans in games are where it's at if you can survive that zerg.

IMO, 12 man, 6v6 is just boring to me. I see the reasoning behind it, but it's just too few. 5 people across such a massive map? 16, or 8v8 makes sense to me, as we can allow for the buddy system to really work it. It just ain't a complete game unless there's 8 on each side. Comp or pub.

Edit: Derp! Didn't realize that the thread was necro'd.
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    What is this. Resurrect dead thread day?
  • HeatSurgeHeatSurge Some Guy Join Date: 2012-09-15 Member: 159438Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited November 2013
    kendope wrote: »
    -_- 24 man servers are so boring.

Hopefully they disappeared for good, and the hardware that they were running on was burned at the stake as a recompense for adding, storing, and transmitting all those dirty, lowly bits.
  • SeeVeeSeeVee Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165206Members
    edited November 2013
    I know 1 of them will be back up starting tonight EST around 5PM

30 players, not 32 though... close enough.
  • current1ycurrent1y Join Date: 2003-12-08 Member: 24150Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    I heard one day every one got stuck a doorway they all tried to pass through it at the same time and that is where every one who played in 32 man servers remains.