A couple suggestions from a old NS1 Player

Mac1OManMac1OMan Join Date: 2004-10-29 Member: 32510Members, Reinforced - Supporter
edited September 2013 in Ideas and Suggestions
-Ability to turn off/on power to phase gates or atleast direct which phase they take you too.

-View HP on destroyed power nodes being rebuild as commander

-Make structures more detailed in minimap like they are in main map

-When commanding clicking on person talking on mic or in text even goes to their location (people saying "I need an RT/PG here" or whatever)

-Add a better server que system that adds support for players that don't have reserved slots

-Make power points more noticeable when attacked
(Side note: Some power points don't show up on map)

Comments

• Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Power nodes randomly going down without warning is annoying :|

Also I really like the idea of clicking on the name of someone VOIPing to go to their location, that's cool.

Don't think structures need more detail on the minimap.

A server queue (2 of 5 in queue for example) would be good, also not difficult to do.
  • SpiritwindSpiritwind Join Date: 2008-04-20 Member: 64116Members
    "A server queue (2 of 5 in queue for example) would be good, also not difficult to do. "
    Agree with this one for sure.
  • Mac1OManMac1OMan Join Date: 2004-10-29 Member: 32510Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Ghosthree3 wrote: »

The main map has detailed structures, the mini map in the top left shows the exact same square for every structure. When in main base I can't tell what object is what in the minimap. Not sure why the mini map and the main map don't use the same details. The mini map is pretty worthless for identifying structures.
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited September 2013
    Mac1OMan wrote: »
    Ghosthree3 wrote: »

The main map has detailed structures, the mini map in the top left shows the exact same square for every structure. When in main base I can't tell what object is what in the minimap. Not sure why the mini map and the main map don't use the same details. The mini map is pretty worthless for identifying structures.

Because the player ui minimap is simple for tracking down enemies, to much infos on it aren't helpfull. Just imagine what will happen with that feature if marines are rushing into alien base and commander does a scan.

Maybe UWE can use as sugessted the advanced minimap for the commander ui.
  • Mac1OManMac1OMan Join Date: 2004-10-29 Member: 32510Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited September 2013
    Wish I could view HP on destroyed power nodes being rebuild as commander and ability to turn off/on power to phase gates or atleast direct which phase they take you too.