Spawning Wrong Armor

joohoo_n3djoohoo_n3d Join Date: 2012-10-30 Member: 164703Members, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Supporter
edited September 2013 in NS2 General Discussion
the 3rd person cam while spawning shows the default marine model+skin - not my elite assault armor or shoulder badge.

see following photo...
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=176569196

...is this a bug, feature, or limitation?

Comments

• SolarisSolaris Join Date: 2003-05-11 Member: 16213Members
    The Marine that is "3D printed" there is not your player model, it's part of the IP's spawn animation. So it only has the default male model. As soon as the animation is complete the real player model is spawned.
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    It's a bit much to ask for them to make new animations for every type of armor, female marine though...
  • MasterEvilAceMasterEvilAce Join Date: 2002-11-29 Member: 10268Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    They could change how it works, potentially. Instead of having the marine model part of the IP spawn animation, they make it separate. It's literally just a standing marine model with some effect on it. Could be able to work that into the models themselves.
  • soccerguy243soccerguy243 Join Date: 2012-12-22 Member: 175920Members, WC 2013 - Supporter
    how about it doesn't matter?
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    how about it doesn't matter?

BUT MYN IMMERSIONZ!!!
  • joohoo_n3djoohoo_n3d Join Date: 2012-10-30 Member: 164703Members, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Supporter
    it matters as much as the female marine needing female view models

and if it is currently a limitation (or a bug) then it can be changed (or fixed) if the developers choose

anyhoo, it would be nice to spawn as my own player that i am proud of, ya know?

thanks for the comments
  • NarfwakNarfwak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5258Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica PT Lead, NS2 Community Developer
    To be honest I'm not sure how much work it is to create new spawn-in cinematics since it's not going to require any additional character animation. It's a bit of a pet peeve of mine as well, but new artwork is always the most expensive stuff to create so you never really know with stuff like this.
  • RedSwordRedSword Join Date: 2006-12-07 Member: 58947Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    It's not about making a new animation per armor, it is about making a new easily-adaptable animation system. Imagine the same animation (a model being gradually 'drawn' with a skulk; would be cool for mods).
  • joohoo_n3djoohoo_n3d Join Date: 2012-10-30 Member: 164703Members, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Supporter
    it looks like a shader effect on a static character model.
    the only deformation or transformation is the ip and that is a separate object.
    if i'm correct then swapping out the model is a little thing.

• soccerguy243soccerguy243 Join Date: 2012-12-22 Member: 175920Members, WC 2013 - Supporter
    joohoo_n3d wrote: »
    it matters as much as the female marine needing female view models

and if it is currently a limitation (or a bug) then it can be changed (or fixed) if the developers choose

anyhoo, it would be nice to spawn as my own player that i am proud of, ya know?

thanks for the comments

Wait 5 seconds for the hologram that no one looks at except yourself and then you suddenly look like the fancy armor you bought for the ENTIRE time you're alive...
  • KamamuraKamamura Join Date: 2013-03-06 Member: 183736Members, Reinforced - Gold
    How about making the spawning animation a blurry silhouette instead of a definite one, or just a cloud of shining particles, and get rid of the problem forever?
  • ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
    Kamamura wrote: »
    How about making the spawning animation a blurry silhouette instead of a definite one, or just a cloud of shining particles, and get rid of the problem forever?

It'd have to be done in a way that aliens know when the marine is spawning, currently you can see the time you have left of attacking whatever then you have the option of leaving or engaging the marine that just spawned, removing when the marine is spawning would be pretty meh
    Wait 5 seconds for the hologram that no one looks at except yourself and then you suddenly look like the fancy armor you bought for the ENTIRE time you're alive...
    that's a silly comment - theres no 3rd person mode after spawn so i never get to see it unless i view the render on the website.

thanks for the comment

edited September 2013
    Its a skin... how often do you look at your back? This thread is a non-issue.

make the reinforced advertisement photo as your computer desktop... now you can see it all the time.
    http://www.naturalselection2.com/reinforced/images/rewards/EliteAssualtArmor_full.jpg
    http://www.naturalselection2.com/reinforced/images/rewards/AssaultArmor_full.jpg
  • NarfwakNarfwak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5258Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica PT Lead, NS2 Community Developer
    edited September 2013
    joohoo_n3d wrote: »
    that's a silly comment - theres no 3rd person mode after spawn so i never get to see it unless i view the render on the website.

thanks for the comment

You could use SamusDrone's excellent mod!
    Narfwak wrote: »
    maybe ill do that but it would simply be cool to see my character in the game while i'm playing in the heat of the rush on the ip etc.
    thanks for comment and suggestion narfwak :)

• SteveRockSteveRock Join Date: 2012-10-01 Member: 161215Members, NS2 Developer, Subnautica Developer
    I agree it would be kinda cool. We'll keep it in mind, but this is pretty low priority.
  • RedSwordRedSword Join Date: 2006-12-07 Member: 58947Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Narfwak wrote: »

Whoops!
    Post not found.
    SteveRock wrote: »
    I agree it would be kinda cool. We'll keep it in mind, but this is pretty low priority.
    that's exactly what i had hoped to hear from you guys!
    thank you and keep up the great work :)

• amoralamoral Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177250Members
    SteveRock wrote: »

very tactful, congrats.