Bind two different keys to the same action

Acid06Acid06 Join Date: 2004-06-16 Member: 29348Members
Hi there,

It seems to be impossible to bind two keys to the same action. Is this really a limitation of the engine or am I doing something wrong?
This is something possible since the oldest multiplayer FPS games like Quake (and, of course, NS1) - I refuse to believe it's been left out of NS2.

In case anyone is wondering, I'm used to have both W and right mouse button bound to the "move forward" action. I know it's odd, but that's how I've been playing FPS games for more than a decade.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    edited September 2013
    it is a limitation of the engine. :-/
    IF you are a crafty person though, you can run autohotkey and make a simple script accomplishing the same thing.

p.s. just use RMB for fwd .. thats what i do too.. no need for silly W .. use that to request ammo instead. (since Q is medpacks) :)
  • Acid06Acid06 Join Date: 2004-06-16 Member: 29348Members
    Yeah, I'm using the right mouse button right now, since that's what I use most of the time. But sometimes I still get "stuck" pressing W like an idiot.
    I hope they add this feature in the future.
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    "bind MouseButton2 MoveForward"
    "bind W MoveForward"

Try that in console
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Yea but now you have to teach him how to unbind as well @samusdroid because that won't show up in the options anywhere, and the engine treats it like its hardcoded now. (eg: rebind F1 key like that.. and the voting menu will not update.. you will join marines and vote yes at the same time.)
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    People always calling to random the ready room, I vote yes but end up on marines all the time anyway, weird.
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    "clear_binding MouseButton2"
    "clear_binding W"
    clear_binding <key>
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Simply typing bind X will wipe the bind too, well technically it binds it to nothing.