Augmented Arsenal research (Shotgun and Grenades combined)

BensonBenson Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
Ever since grenades were added, I've been wanting to use them, but it seems that they are just not a priority for most Comms and they get researched as an afterthought in most games (i.e. late game)

What I suggest, is that the research for Shotguns and Grenades be combined into a single research (same as Advanced Weapons)

This will help expand the versatility of the marine's play style, as well as add more Pres sinks to avoid "Tech Explosions" from the marines.

Also, we would see more grenade usage, which would simply be awsome :D

=-=-=-=-=
As a side note, with this upgrade, the Arms Lab researches could be tied into them as well.
*For Instance:

can get a1/w1 without armory upgrades
can get a2/w2 with Augmented Arsenal
can get a3/w3 with Advanced Weapons

Im not to sure how well this would work, but just throwing it out there for consideration

Comments

• VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Benson wrote: »
    Ever since grenades were added, I've been wanting to use them, but it seems that they are just not a priority for most Comms and they get researched as an afterthought in most games (i.e. late game)

What I suggest, is that the research for Shotguns and Grenades be combined into a single research (same as Advanced Weapons)

This will help expand the versatility of the marine's play style, as well as add more Pres sinks to avoid "Tech Explosions" from the marines.

=-=-=-=-=
    As a side note, with this upgrade, the Arms Lab researches could be tied into them as well.
    *For Instance:

Im not to sure how well this would work, but just throwing it out there for consideration

Interesting. Maybe you want to tell sewlek about this.
  • BensonBenson Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Benson wrote: »

=-=-=-=-=
    *For Instance:

Interesting. Maybe you want to tell sewlek about this.

I think I will :D