Animation to stomped marines

KamamuraKamamura Join Date: 2013-03-06 Member: 183736Members, Reinforced - Gold
Currently, it looks very rough and unpolished, after the stomp, the marines just appear prone without any animation or transition whatsoever. There are ragdolls for dead marines, some ragdolley falling effect after stomp could greatly improve the looks of it.

Comments

• SammeySammey Join Date: 2012-06-14 Member: 153266Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    some ragdolley falling effect after stomp could greatly improve the looks of it

THAT would be awesome.
    Making them stand up again from random ragdoll poses will look weird though..
  • _Necro__Necro_ Join Date: 2011-02-15 Member: 81895Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Sammey wrote: »
    some ragdolley falling effect after stomp could greatly improve the looks of it

THAT would be awesome.
    Making them stand up again from random ragdoll poses will look weird though..

Dynamic animation transition is for that. Don't know how much work it would be.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited September 2013
    All kinds of weird poses come to mind, THANKS FOR THAT >: (
    edited September 2013

My point is how to make that transition believable.
    They'd have to use some sick system like Euphoria ( used in Gta 4 )to make the standing up realistic!
  • CrushaKCrushaK Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167195Members, NS2 Playtester
    Sammey wrote: »

My point is how to make that transition believable.
    They'd have to use some sick system like Euphoria ( used in Gta 4 )to make the standing up realistic!

Not really. UT3 did it just fine.

Depending on whether the roll rotation of the ragdoll would be closer to lying on the back or lying on the belly, the ragdoll is interpolated to lying either straight on the back or straight on the belly. Once it's in the appropriate position the animation takes over for either jumping back on your feet or pushing yourself up.
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    I suggested this in the google thread ages ago. i'm sure it's on their radars! I think it's priority might be undervalued though because it doesnt sound like much, but currently it's confusing as hell for the alien team when suddenly the marine you're biting disappears... "oh, he's laying on the floor, dead, I can walk away" - except he's not dead, he's just sleeping :)

This doesn't happen OFTEN but the first couple of times onos uses stomp its very, very weird.
    @CrushaK That indeed looks nice!!