Rifle bash

KamamuraKamamura Join Date: 2013-03-06 Member: 183736Members, Reinforced - Gold
Okay, here is another idea to make it worthwhile. Stun was dismissed, knockback too, damage increase is not sensible (it's just a rifle bash), how about depleting a portion of the alien energy on a successful hit? Not life, but energy. Make skulk unable to bite for a moment, or make fade's escape more dificult. Remember, it's difficult to hit a fast alien. There can even be a few nanite sparkles on impact as a rationalization.

Comments

• CCTEECCTEE Join Date: 2013-06-20 Member: 185634Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I'd prefer having the option to bash defenceless gorges bit by bit into a pit / crushing machine / lava pool.
    There's no way to push other entities in ns2 now :(
  • BensonBenson Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Personally, I feel like a "stumble" effect would be a decent compromise. Nothing big, just making it so that the skulk cannot bite for .5-1 seconds

I loved the stun, but it WAS unfair to skulks as it meant instant death.

I loved the knockback, but it did make marines to powerful as it left the skulk vulnerable.

Draining energy wouldn't have much of an effect unless it was something like 25% of their energy, and even then, if a group of marine were to team up and bludgeon any lifeform, it wouldn't be able to do anything (hello onos!)

• VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Benson wrote: »
    Personally, I feel like a "stumble" effect would be a decent compromise. Nothing big, just making it so that the skulk cannot bite for .5-1 seconds

I loved the knockback, but it did make marines to powerful as it left the skulk vulnerable.

Draining energy wouldn't have much of an effect unless it was something like 25% of their energy, and even then, if a group of marine were to team up and bludgeon any lifeform, it wouldn't be able to do anything (hello onos!)

Lol. Marines mobbing onos.
  • KamamuraKamamura Join Date: 2013-03-06 Member: 183736Members, Reinforced - Gold
    Okay, point taken, how about this very subtle chage:

moderate damage upon hit, and energy regeneration stopped for a while.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited September 2013

That reminds me of some terrible server lag bug in beta. We aliens were all pushing into the marine base to win, and break the turtle. We had like 4 onos; I was an onos. Then the aliens froze, but marines were totally fine but nobody knew yet. Marines killed all the low health life forms, and there was all the onos left not so easily killed, just standing there. Aliens and marines started communicating over all talk text, and we figured out what was going on. Then the marines decided to try to win while the aliens were frozen. They started axeing the first onos they came too, me. About 8 marines axed me to death.

I can just imaging 24 p pubs everyone rush and butt the onos! GO GO GO
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    james888 wrote: »

That reminds me of some terrible server lag bug in beta. We aliens were all pushing into the marine base to win, and break the turtle. We had like 4 onos; I was an onos. Then the aliens froze, but marines were totally fine but nobody knew yet. Marines killed all the low health life forms, and there was all the onos left not so easily killed, just standing there. Aliens and marines started communicating over all talk text, and we figured out what was going on. Then the marines decided to try to win while the aliens were frozen. They started axeing the first onos they came too, me. About 8 marines axed me to death.

I can just imaging 24 p pubs everyone rush and butt the onos! GO GO GO

This would've been the perfect situation for a quadruple onos mount.
  • Omega_K2Omega_K2 Join Date: 2011-12-25 Member: 139013Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I actually prefered decent damage on the bash, so you could actually finish of a skulk, then reload. Maybe this could be back, back then it was spammable and I felt like bashing was more effective then shooting, so with increasing cooldown it could be worth it.

Stun was annoying as fuck to play against and knockback on the unfair side too.
  • SammeySammey Join Date: 2012-06-14 Member: 153266Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    It would be cool if a rifle bash knocks out some of the skulk his teeth (visible from the skulks pov). After 4 to 5 knocks the skulk will be teethless and can only give headbutts.
  • KamamuraKamamura Join Date: 2013-03-06 Member: 183736Members, Reinforced - Gold
    Sammey wrote: »
    It would be cool if a rifle bash knocks out some of the skulk his teeth (visible from the skulks pov). After 4 to 5 knocks the skulk will be teethless and can only give headbutts.

Yeah, and the black Reinforcement skulks would have gold teeth that would give sparklies when flying off, and you could collect them for achievements. Wheeeee!