Dislike List for 254

nsguynsguy Join Date: 2010-01-03 Member: 69869Members
edited September 2013 in NS2 General Discussion
Shall we compile a concise list of things we don't like about the new build? It may make it easier for the devs to see. I'll start, feel free to continue if you like the idea:

1. The orange border around the marines when playing as an alien. It's not the orange that I don't like, it's that it makes marines too easy to spot. Sometimes being a sneaky marine is fun!
2. Removing the alien vision animation. It used to appear as though it were spreading out across the landscape when you pressed it. It didn't make sense for vision to behave like that, but it was very cool. Bring it back!

Comments

• 2cough2cough Rocky Mountain High Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183952Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Hehe, I think the devs have already gotten quite the ear full since thurs. There's already so many threads like this, including at least 2 alien vision ones, strafe jumping, tech tree, etc. Anyways, I've finally just got the game to function again, so I cant cast too many heavy-handed criticisms just yet. So far, the things that bother me the most are the skulk and whip upgrade marriage, the expensive as f and fragile drifters, and the marine strafe-jump-cant-hit-me-for-thirty-seconds-while-i-empty-3-clips thing.
  • MestaritonttuMestaritonttu Join Date: 2004-07-29 Member: 30229Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    Oh wow, 5 threads and few minor mechanics as dislikes, with nobody able to agree exactly what is bad. Quite the earfull yes. Not.

I don't like new alien vision, but I don't need it either.
    I love the orange border, because I don't have to use alien vision now.

And yes marines are goddamn ninjas. But it's skulk acceleration that should be boosted instead.