Reinforcement Program: Onos tier or similar $$$

Ball654Ball654 Join Date: 2012-11-18 Member: 172265Members
Hello, why not offer more Onos packages or something similar? It would be nice to have an option between $75 and $8,000.

I and and others I'm sure are willing to play $333 dollars but we don't have any options, I guess what I'm saying is, why not make another tier available if the demand is there.

It's money we are willing to pay for a game we love.

How does everyone feel about this? Am I out to lunch?

Comments

• VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/comment/2145315/#Comment_2145315
    Idleray wrote: »
    Two UWE mistakes:

1. Not putting Reinforcement Program link in big noticeable letters on the main game screen so people don't have to dig through the front page to find it.

2. Having no level between Onos badge and Shadow badge. So basically I would have felt comfortable donating $200+, but when I came on the Onos badges were already sold out and the next level was..... $8000. LOL
    1. This is something we are working on doing. Adding working links to the main menu is actually not a trivial task, as we don't currently have that set up in game, and with out recent patches we've been focused on trying to address the issues with the game that the latest update has caused. Hopefully this will be something we'll be adding into an upcoming patch soon.

2. This is something else we are discussing, and trying to figure out. We were caught off guard with how fast Onos sold out. This is our first attempt at this donation program, so it is a learning experience. However, it is also not a trivial thing to just add more tiers. Every tier has to have unique rewards, and those all take time and money to develop and fullfill.
    Runteh wrote: »
    I am surprised that no e-mail has been sent out in regard to this patch, discount and free weekend. Awareness is so important.
    That is coming. Things were pretty crazy leading up to the Reinforced update, with the European tournament, getting set for PAX, making trailers and putting together the donation program, and a multitude of other tasks. In the upcoming week there will be a much greater focus on spreading the word through every means possible.

You're welcome ;)
  • Ball654Ball654 Join Date: 2012-11-18 Member: 172265Members
  • TEFishTEFish Join Date: 2003-11-13 Member: 22811Members
    Just a few points/questions :

I second the need for more flexibility in the reward system - onos was sold out before I even saw the full website. As much as the swag is cool - mostly I like the idea of a unique badge, but it would be about supporting UW as I have in the past.

Regarding the top tier: Having a crack team of awesome game developers work on your ideas sounds great - but there is the question of intellectual property rights....nothing a process "engineer" couldn't solve with swimlanes and Visio I am sure

Is UW still in the market for financial investment?...I was still too poor when you asked for angel investment
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    I don't quite understand this... why was there even a limit to how many people could donate a large amount of money?
  • joohoo_n3djoohoo_n3d Join Date: 2012-10-30 Member: 164703Members, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Supporter
    BeigeAlert wrote: »
    I don't quite understand this... why was there even a limit to how many people could donate a large amount of money?
    there's no limit - you may donate as much (or little) as you want
  • RMJRMJ Join Date: 2012-08-09 Member: 155190Members
    hey 75$ or 8000$ pocket change. If you can afford one you can afford the other hehe :D

Bit insane jump i gotta say :p
  • MrPinkMrPink Join Date: 2002-05-28 Member: 678Members
    if the onos tier didn't have a limit I bet they still wouldn't have sold 10 of them
  • soccerguy243soccerguy243 Join Date: 2012-12-22 Member: 175920Members, WC 2013 - Supporter
    BeigeAlert wrote: »
    its called exclusivity.
  • CCTEECCTEE Join Date: 2013-06-20 Member: 185634Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    MrPink wrote: »
    if the onos tier didn't have a limit I bet they still wouldn't have sold 10 of them

They sold 25 of them in a day...