Batch of Suggestions

yehawmcgrawyehawmcgraw Join Date: 2012-09-16 Member: 159694Members
-Append "(rookie)" to the commanders name, for their team. Because the green rookie coloring convention is overridden by the Commander yellow coloring, you cannot easily know if you commander is green. What is worse, because this rookie comm is new to the game, he has no idea of how much importance the role has to the team and will almost never ask for help or even talk (likely doesn't know of push to talk). Basically teammates *NEED* to know that this is happening to help or eject him before it is too late.

-The 'cystem' should never attempt to chain off an already disconnected node/chain. This invariably leads to instant cyst death and a lot of user anger, purely at the fault of the overzealous 'cystem'

-Show that alien abilities are researching by blinking the icons in the b-evolve menu. A large portion of dialog is "We need this, can you research this?" -> "Yeah, I'm already doing it -_-" Alien research takes forever now btw....

-Make aura upgrade provide the parasite effect, not the little icon. It would better communicate distance of target and let you know when they are reloading, giving more utility. Right now this ability seems otherwise seems 'meh' for non-competitive players, and imho does not have the same level of polish as the rest of the game.

-Fade stab upgrade should come before vortex. Vortex otherwise seems largely like a waste of time without a stab, and I think a phase of the game where fades must sneak a little more to stab (i.e. without vortex) would be very fun.

-It's just strange/unintuitive to have to research skulk upgrades a whip (and to have to keep one alive to keep them). Just research it at the hive like the gorge upgrades...

-Shade "ink" ability has almost 0 utility and, I believe, is unsalvageable. UWE should rethink this. Maybe an ability that ink stains structures and players in the area, giving invisibility even out of range. IDK. Better yet, have it spawn duplicates/hallucinations of structures that must time out or be scanned to remove, confusing arcs and players.

-Unlike NS1, web no longer prevents the marine from shooting their weapon and as such, is not as good. Further, it costs more and is harder to use now. Knowing that, does it really have to be shoved back to 3rd-hive/end-game? Gorges have better things to be doing at these times and it really just doesn't get used much at this phase. Futher on these points....
The web placement is very awkward. Move from menu to a fifth slot or bait ball's 4th slot (I really feel the bait ball should be phased out of the game). Once a web starting selection is placed, you should put a marker there, with some kind of gummy model
I don't think webs should cost res, but this could be contended. I feel it takes the fun out of it. Instead just maintain a reasonable max num of webs.

-Recently, UWE removed the khammander's starting res and prevented res accumulation for a minute after getting out of the hive. Presumably this is to prevent the kham from going gorge and building resource towers to be echoed, for balance. I bet they had their reasons, but you can still just negotiate starting the game and switching commanders, giving the new khammeder 20 res to go gorge anyways. UWE has created an intuitive restriction which you can bypass with an (arguable) exploit to play optimally. This doesn't sit right with me

-(Unsure) Regen seems to not work sometimes. Can anyone confirm? Sometimes my lerks just get 2.5 per tick with full regen