I've donated a dollar.

xen32xen32 Join Date: 2012-10-18 Member: 162676Members, Reinforced - Supporter
Hello, I have a confession here.
I have traded some TF2 hats for NS2 gift (which was a pre-order, but I didn't get any per-order benefits), then bought Deluxe upgrade with 50% discount and donated a dollar (one) for reinforced update.
I have 122 games on steam, all of those come either from 1 dollar bundles or TF2 hat trades and about 5 of them are cool AAA titles which are gifts from my really good steam friends.

I've put 863 hours into this game, which makes it Top 1 game ever played for me.
Seeing all these people who donated for constellation, alpha and beta supporters, everyone who has shadow and onos badges and those who supported IronHorse, it just makes me feel bad because all I could contribute was six dollars. Unknown worlds really deserved much more for what they did (I'm comparing what they did to other 121 games I own), it's just that I can't afford it.

I wish I could have done more for the best game I've ever played, best community I've seen and best developer team out there.

Thanks you everyone for being a part of NS2.

Comments

• tarquinbbtarquinbb Join Date: 2012-11-03 Member: 166314Members
    YOU FRUGAL SO AND SO!

(notice no badge showing for me... doh)
  • maD_maX_maD_maX_ Join Date: 2013-04-07 Member: 184678Members
    A real supporter would donate more then 75$ without getting shadow...
  • MestaritonttuMestaritonttu Join Date: 2004-07-29 Member: 30229Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    D'awww, such a cute thread. :x

It's okay xen, you gave little money, but even more heart. You make a game with money, but it thrives out of passion. =D>
  • MistenTHMistenTH Join Date: 2003-01-01 Member: 11706Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    Some can afford cash, some can afford time to build content, some just spread the Message freely with passion. All are vital to NS2 :) Thanks for your contri!
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    I can reply to this post in so many ways, just can't figure out which way to go.
  • ResRes Join Date: 2003-08-27 Member: 20245Members
    what's sad is that I'm even cheaper than Xen.

In the 9-10 years I've had steam, there's only 1 game that I've actually bought.... All the rest of my games have been either gifts or I traded for them or I won them in a contest
  • LamboLambo Iceland Join Date: 2012-08-07 Member: 154915Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Even though I currently don't play the game, I do want to contribute up to the Shadow Badge, I always did love the game and you guys did a good job on it.

Best of luck.
  • BentRingBentRing Join Date: 2003-03-04 Member: 14318Members
    maD_maX_ wrote: »

Does that mean I shouldn't feel bad if I don't get a badge considering I (more or less) did that before the game was even released?
  • KamamuraKamamura Join Date: 2013-03-06 Member: 183736Members, Reinforced - Gold
    edited August 2013
    I think anyone who is not able to buy at least the Gold badge (yes, the gold one, let me check again), should at least subscribe as a conscript to the ever-growing and genuinely enthusiastic TSF forces and fly off the Earth to fight the alien menace on the outskirts of the galaxy. I think this is really a good idea, and therefore I will present it to the Panel Intercomittee for Space Settlement (PISS) on a proper form to be passed into a new regulation effective on every TSF colony. That could result in a nice salary raise and maybe a promotion one day, so that I can effort both heating and food every day.

And that's YOU I am talking about, citizen! Remember, the TSF needs you!

Also, remember to bring all your papers and have all the necessary stamps, permits and supplements in perfect order. Failure could result in all sorts of unspecified complications.
  • dragonmithdragonmith Join Date: 2013-02-04 Member: 182817Members, Reinforced - Diamond
    @Kamamura

Very good, class 9 dwelling for you :)
  • RuntehRunteh Join Date: 2010-06-26 Member: 72163Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I am not sure what the idea of a 'real supporter' means, but anyway... People should just donate what they can afford.
  • KamamuraKamamura Join Date: 2013-03-06 Member: 183736Members, Reinforced - Gold
    dragonmith wrote: »
    @Kamamura

Very good, class 9 dwelling for you :)

But comrade, are you aware that me and my family are currently occupying a Class 8 appartment... oh, I get it. I will start packing tomorrow.

• Scorpion9908Scorpion9908 Australia Join Date: 2013-07-29 Member: 186445Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited August 2013
    I got shadow that was $75 now I have no money for a week. If I die form hunger tell my wife I had another wife and that I REGRET NOTHING!
    I got shadow that was $75 now I have no money for a week. If I die form hunger tell my wife I had another wife and that I REGRET NOTHING!

I would like to meet your wife. She must be an exceptionally supportive, kind, patient and good-hearted person. Or very young. Either way, I'd like to meet her ;-)

• KuluKulu Montreal Join Date: 2014-01-07 Member: 192739Members
    I gave 2$. I used to be a constellation supporter from first game, but it would seem I have lost that badge for some reason
  • RedDogRedDog Las Vegas Join Date: 2013-02-22 Member: 183267Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, WC 2013 - Shadow
  • RapGodRapGod Not entirely sure... Join Date: 2013-11-12 Member: 189322Members
    really? I bought the pre alpha. don't make a thread saying how little you can contribute. we could all make these posts. at least you got a lot of awesomes. hey I donated 35 bucks (or more considering the cheap sales). do I get attention? seriously, you can donate but don't be a douche and have ppl praise you.
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    That was not the point...
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    (the $2 threadnomancer strikes)
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Why are all these people digging through page 20 anyway.
  • radionautradionaut california Join Date: 2013-01-22 Member: 181192Members, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Gold
    cause page 20 is where they keep the centerfold
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    Another necro? Seriously?
    There has been no necro since you posted last.
  • RapGodRapGod Not entirely sure... Join Date: 2013-11-12 Member: 189322Members
    Insane wrote: »
    You gave what you could afford, which makes much more of a difference than giving nothing at all.

Thanks for your support, and thanks very much for playing!

D'awww, such a cute thread. :x

It's okay xen, you gave little money, but even more heart. You make a game with money, but it thrives out of passion. =D>

Runteh wrote: »
    I am not sure what the idea of a 'real supporter' means, but anyway... People should just donate what they can afford.

Lamb wrote: »
    Even though I currently don't play the game, I do want to contribute up to the Shadow Badge, I always did love the game and you guys did a good job on it.

Best of luck.

BentRing wrote: »
    maD_maX_ wrote: »

Does that mean I shouldn't feel bad if I don't get a badge considering I (more or less) did that before the game was even released?

sorry I didn't catch the sarcasm in those posts. but clicking abuse for that post makes a lot of sense. gg internet. you always seem to get some passive aggressive comment in a thread and its ignored. good for you bud (see what I did there? this is to ghost and josh, and here comes the abuse clicks from both of them)
  • AmbAmb Join Date: 2012-11-09 Member: 168647Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    I donated $1 too, but I wish i could have just donated 10 cents, but the minimum was $1. Still I regret that I financially supported this garbage development team.
  • NeXuSNeXuS US Join Date: 2013-10-13 Member: 188681Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    Dude, seriously? If you hate UWE so much, stop posting on the forums, stop playing NS2, and go play CoD or BF. You're negativity here is atrocious.
    edited January 2014
    Amb: Lord of Shitposting.
    Unrelated
    NeXuS wrote: »
    Dude, seriously? If you hate UWE so much, stop posting on the forums, stop playing NS2, and go play CoD or BF. Your negativity here is atrocious.

• InsaneInsane Anomaly Join Date: 2002-05-13 Member: 605Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer
    Necroing a thread just to insult the OP is not cool.
This discussion has been closed.