This free weekend seems like a serious mistake

Classic319Classic319 Join Date: 2010-11-06 Member: 74789Members

I always have loved the achievements what UWE made. And I even admire.

However, this patch and free weekend event are in my opinion just really serious mistakes.

I know that devs had deadline and need still more financial supports, however they should've tested new graphic on public far before.
Optimization is and was the 1st reason why so many players stopped playing ns2 or why only much fewer people than expected did buy this game, the best examples are that on November and Gorgeous update.

But as we know, UWE have improved performance so good in these few months, that many of players could enjoy it.
However this patch ruined it really much. Probably in the future it can be far better than pre 252 performance with improvements, but already most of new and even old players are disappointed with performance again just like lots of did on the release date and Gorgeous update. Linux and OpenGL things should've just been tested on public far before a F2P event. Just because of this risky untested(on public) graphic setting changes, became this F2P a disappointment. I'm pretty sure, if nothing were changed with OpenGL DX11 things, this F2P could've definately been rather success than disappointment. I feel pretty sorry about it.

So I hope now, that devs fix those problems asap.