$75,000 Anyone?

2»

Comments

• BensonBenson Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Ohnojojo wrote: »
    Benson wrote: »
    If I only had a million res nodes...I'd buy you a temp game director

[Link]

P.S. I just watched all the credits, and saw some names that post on these forums :p

Hey, how old is this video?
    I'm in the credits, but I forgot why...

I honestly have no idea, but I would guess about 8-10 years.

Dem NS1 songs are just so memorable!
  • xen32xen32 Join Date: 2012-10-18 Member: 162676Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    I'd pay 75k to have NS1 made on the source engine or Quake 3 engine!

Haven't you seen Tremulous?
  • RegnarebRegnareb Join Date: 2007-08-26 Member: 62008Members, NS2 Playtester
    ezekel wrote: »
    Regnareb wrote: »
    NS1 is already on the best engine ever, why would you want to switch???

idtech is better than gldsrce, way better; in fact it is 'the engine' of all engines in fps video gaming... I seriously touch it and couldn't list you a single flaw if I tried
    I always preferred GoldSrc for multiplayer games, the netcode is just... <3
    I don't necesseraly have the same opinion regarding solo games.

xen32 wrote: »

Wait, what??
  • FortyBotFortyBot Join Date: 2013-08-30 Member: 187321Members

Wait, what??

Tremulous is a quake3 mod that is heavily influenced by gloom. It's heyday was back in 2006-7 and it has mostly died off now due to lack of development (though there is a "sequal"). It tends to focus much more on deathmatch and base-building than ns2, while downplaying rts some. The gameplay is much more fast-paced, and it can be quite the difference if you haven't played too many arena games.
  • Know painKnow pain Join Date: 2012-09-04 Member: 157674Members
    Yeah after buying the game in 2010 and donating over $150 thru constellation, I think I’m done for now.
  • maD_maX_maD_maX_ Join Date: 2013-04-07 Member: 184678Members
    @Jekt don't know why people keep saying that they can not create a donation class at or above onos... They said 25 onos badges. They never said that it was the highest level, in fact they created 2 more levels above onos that show in fact onos is not the top level. The creation of something like "hive badge" for 500$ would be both legal, and fair. The only thing that appears to be exclusive to onos is the onos badge.
  • herrsheimerherrsheimer Join Date: 2008-06-06 Member: 64403Members

qfusion engine (warsow engine) would be fantastic for a remake of NS1 :D
  • RegnarebRegnareb Join Date: 2007-08-26 Member: 62008Members, NS2 Playtester
    edited August 2013
    FortyBot wrote: »

Wait, what??

Tremulous is a quake3 mod that is heavily influenced by gloom. It's heyday was back in 2006-7 and it has mostly died off now due to lack of development (though there is a "sequal"). It tends to focus much more on deathmatch and base-building than ns2, while downplaying rts some. The gameplay is much more fast-paced, and it can be quite the difference if you haven't played too many arena games.

I know exactly what it is, but Tremulous can't really be compared to NS, besides the fact that it has humans and aliens, the gameplay is totally different.
  • FortyBotFortyBot Join Date: 2013-08-30 Member: 187321Members
    FortyBot wrote: »

Wait, what??

I know exactly what it is, but Tremulous can't really be compared to NS, besides the fact that it has humans and aliens, the gameplay is totally different.

Well, yes, but it's still derived from gloom like ns, and it still features rts elements. The creators of trem were more about making a gloom game than an ns clone. Ofc, if you want an exact ns2 clone, then you'll have to look elsewhere.
  • BlitzThoseBlitzThose Aberdeen, Scotland Join Date: 2010-04-11 Member: 71342Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Uwe put a $1000 tier up, and join Republique, Consortium, Chivalry, and Prison Architect in taking $1000 off of me :)