I never thought I'd see the day...

ritualsacrificeritualsacrifice Join Date: 2012-11-14 Member: 171148Members, Reinforced - Shadow
...when I could alt tab during precaching.

Is this real life?

(by far my favorite part of this update, by the way. so glad this is working. thank you uwe)

Comments

• SanCoSanCo Join Date: 2012-08-18 Member: 155744Members
    Really? I thought this was fixed a long time ago. I know I've been alt-tabbing for a while now.
  • FrankerZFrankerZ Join Date: 2012-05-06 Member: 151627Members
    Ritual, I am so happy for you and your family, I wish younothing but the best.
  • ritualsacrificeritualsacrifice Join Date: 2012-11-14 Member: 171148Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    SanCo wrote: »
    Really? I thought this was fixed a long time ago. I know I've been alt-tabbing for a while now.

It's always just made me crash. I also used to crash when the server would change maps while i was precaching. That's been fixed as well :D I think that was actually fixed 2 or 3 build ago though.
  • CrushaKCrushaK Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167195Members, NS2 Playtester
    I always could alt-tab during precaching. But it was messing up the sound in the match then.

Currently Alt-Tab is just slowly eating your memory until you decide to get back into the game, at least that's what I noticed from monitoring RAM constantly. And depending on how long I was out of the game, it may or may not crash upon return.
  • amoralamoral Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177250Members
    SanCo wrote: »

It's always just made me crash. I also used to crash when the server would change maps while i was precaching. That's been fixed as well :D I think that was actually fixed 2 or 3 build ago though.

it's been 50/50 for me, whether i'll come back to a playable game, or a system freeze. the anticipation makes it all the more sweet.