ns2_research alpha (feedback thread)

LuitjensLuitjens Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 73034Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
edited August 2013 in Mapping
See link for download and images/description http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=168697011

Ns2_research is a research center based around the science of plants.

This is a different layout than your typical NS2 maps, shipping/Receiving and OxyGen only have tech points, no resource nodes, this is a research test. Teams can either spawn in transgenics or reception. Fight for control over the research center.

Please leave feedback on if you can, and let me know if you plan on testing this map on a server, invite me!

663369896163E990F2C1DE7C8B3F31C45EA0D7F8

The resource in reception is on the e* I'll have to move that tag sometime

Comments

• ObliviousSightObliviousSight Join Date: 2012-09-07 Member: 158306Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Hello, so just checked the map out on my machine and it seems to work fine. Did find a problem with the Reception RT, it's beneath the level geo.

We run regular tests on sundays, starting at 20.00 BST on the Spark Crafter Collective Server. If it's ok, I'll add you on steam and send you message closer to the time with details etc.
  • LuitjensLuitjens Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 73034Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    Thanks! Fixed that issue.
  • DaanVanYperenDaanVanYperen The Netherlands Join Date: 2013-06-16 Member: 185580Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Some LOS and scale issues, but otherwise pretty fun! Can't wait for the next revision.
  • LuitjensLuitjens Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 73034Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    Updated to address the scale and LOS issues, should feel a lot smaller now, give that a go and let me know what you think of the rooms that are changed, also there is only a single res in power generator now, time to test that out. Last time, it felt like a huge meat grinder koth type battle for the middle, going to step back and hopefully this rev will create more strategy to hold other res.