SjNSjN Join Date: 2003-01-07 Member: 11983Members, Reinforced - Supporter
edited August 2013 in NS2 General Discussion
Where's the changelog? ^_^

edit:
814mbs update.

Comments

• YMICrazyYMICrazy Join Date: 2012-11-02 Member: 165986Members
    edited August 2013
    O neat new NS2 icon. Hmmm DX11 dropped my frames by a significant amount LOL wonder if it improves visuals.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    p.s. You'll notice plenty of obvious bugs (hitching when a hive dies due to a shader compiling and occasional floating shotguns)
    Most are known.. but don't let this dissuade you from reporting them anyways in our tech support forums after following this guide.
    Thanks again!
  • ellnicellnic Join Date: 2010-07-19 Member: 72559Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Is this Reinforced?
  • rantologyrantology Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143750Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    edited August 2013
    ellnic wrote: »
    Is this Reinforced?

Nope.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Is this Reinforced?
    Yes and No... There's a long answer.. and someone else is about to explain it in detail.. *looks at @hugh *
    @hugh Then come on, be out with it already :(
  • MooJrMooJr Join Date: 2011-10-18 Member: 128100Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    Like iron said in his original post, this is more like a soak test for the major content release.
  • CrushaKCrushaK Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167195Members, NS2 Playtester
    @hugh Then come on, be out with it already :(

Don't push him. He doesn't just write the blog posts, he crafts them with rhetoric devices.
    Then get those devices upgades to be faster!!!
  • SjNSjN Join Date: 2003-01-07 Member: 11983Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited August 2013
    I am getting a disk write error when trying to launch the updated game. high five!

Edit: I had to restart steam to get rid of the disk write error.

The only major difference that I noticed about the game is the new alien vision which I really dislike. It hurts my eyes, it's too bright and orange and overall useless. I used to love the old alien vision, I used it every single time. Why break something that works UWE? Oh well.
  • dragonmithdragonmith Join Date: 2013-02-04 Member: 182817Members, Reinforced - Diamond
    edited August 2013
    Who is this @Hugh people keep mentioning?
    Its horribly bugged anyway
  • CrushaKCrushaK Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167195Members, NS2 Playtester
    Made an inofficial changelog based on Lua file comparison here: http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/comment/2142081/#Comment_2142081

Take it with a grain of salt, since I didn't play the actual game yet and also stopped after the most important files, since I was sitting ~1 hour on it already with just that. There may still be a lot more mechanic changes going on behind the scenes.
  • NarfwakNarfwak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5258Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica PT Lead, NS2 Community Developer
    SjN wrote: »
    I am getting a disk write error when trying to launch the updated game. high five!

The only major difference that I noticed about the game is the new alien vision which I really dislike. It hurts my eyes, it's too bright and orange and overall useless. I used to love the old alien vision, I used it every single time. Why break something that works UWE? Oh well.

The highlighting of friendlies and enemies and overall environment contrast is baked into standard vision, and the alien vision is intended to be used as "night vision" in the same situations that a marine would use their flashlight. It will look overly bright in already lit rooms. The "everything is green" AV of old was a bad solution that hides most of the art in the game and stayed in the game for far too long before getting redesigned.

And there's a lot more new stuff than that. Keep exploring. ;)
  • HeatSurgeHeatSurge Some Guy Join Date: 2012-09-15 Member: 159438Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    The only problem with the new alien vision is, we went from 100% on to 100% off. I really don't see much of a benefit of turning it on even in dark rooms - unless they're pitch black which only lasts about 3 seconds... but being able to see spores/umbra/gorge spit is a big plus :-) .
  • Side1Bu2Rnz9Side1Bu2Rnz9 Join Date: 2012-10-16 Member: 162510Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Narfwak wrote: »
    SjN wrote: »

The highlighting of friendlies and enemies and overall environment contrast is baked into standard vision, and the alien vision is intended to be used as "night vision" in the same situations that a marine would use their flashlight. It will look overly bright in already lit rooms. The "everything is green" AV of old was a bad solution that hides most of the art in the game and stayed in the game for far too long before getting redesigned.

And there's a lot more new stuff than that. Keep exploring. ;)

Problem is the lights are only off for like 5 seconds... the makes alien vision completely useless. All they did is make a essential function of the aliens completely useless then tried to make it ok by highlighting marines and other structures in non-alien vision. I also see no point in making it that bright... makes me almost sick whenever I do turn it on.

Alien upgrade system is confusing and completely pointless... NEED TO BUILD A WHIP FOR SKULK UPGRADES?? And probably my most hated "feature"... Commanders now start with 0 res and don't get any until 60 seconds are up every time they jump out?!?! They also need to take out the ability to create infestation where ever they want (even in the marine's main TP). This is just asking for an echo whip bombardment cheap move.

I use to defend UWE for their decisions... I loved almost all of 250, but I had no idea that two builds from now they would just throw all that in the trash and throw the middle finger up to the paying customers that pay their salary.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    What exactly has changed about the new skulk movement. I can tell something has but am not able to discern what.