Server is displayed as empty even when it is not

GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
edited August 2013 in Server Discussion
I have the "bug" that my server is displayed as empty in the serverbrowser. Shortly it shows the real number and then 0/18. Just test it yourself server is called Survival of the Fattest.

Comments

• GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited August 2013
    This is also happening for other server at my side, so is something wrong with my serverbrowser? I already did reset all of mods and options. But some other players already confirmed this problem. So does anyone have a idea how to fix this? The Server is empty most of the time because ppl are not joining thinking that its empty. So i never had a round with more than 12 ppl (most invited by myself) the last few days.
  • ZEROibisZEROibis Join Date: 2009-10-30 Member: 69176Members, Constellation
    Are you sure you have all the correct ports open?
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    It worked before and yes i have all ports open. The correct number of players is also shown for a short while. Also all webbased serverbrowsers are working fine with the server.
    So bug is back again, any ideas?
  • dePARAdePARA Join Date: 2011-04-29 Member: 96321Members, Squad Five Blue
    Did this happen mod-free also?
    edited August 2013
    Yes i tried everything now, it also happens mod free, i switched server by hoster, my local server doesn't have any problems, and this happens randomly. Maybe i'll do a complete server reset next :S
    I have noticed an issue where sometimes a server will vanish from the server list unless it is on your faves. The server will even stop being read from ns2servers during this time until the server is restarted.
    edited September 2013
    Noooo its back again since today, but my server is not the only one having this bug again
    Ok the mod "better ns2" seems to cause this issue somehow
    Still better than the glitch that when steam does server maintenance your server can just vanish from the server list all together until restarted.
    ZEROibis wrote: »
    Still better than the glitch that when steam does server maintenance your server can just vanish from the server list all together until restarted.
    Sadly you are totally right :(
    So i thought this would be history but now it's back again #-o This time it happens randomly, so no idea how to fix it.