Onos Mount

2»

Comments

• RadimaXRadimaX Join Date: 2013-02-05 Member: 182840Members
    How about 4th hive grants xenocide to babblers exploading on gorges demand?
    its not very OP because they so cannot be used on every map with the current hive situation on veil, and now also on docking.
  • xen32xen32 Join Date: 2012-10-18 Member: 162676Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    RadimaX wrote: »
    its not very OP because they so cannot be used on every map with the current hive situation on veil, and now also on docking.

Oh come on, if skulkplosion is weak, babbler explosion is nothing more than a firework.
    Now, if we could research onocide... that's something this game lacks. It can be combined with devour, so not only you need research for onocide, you also need a marine inside your belly. And wham. Total annihilation.
  • RenohRenoh Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165298Members
    xen32 wrote: »
    RadimaX wrote: »
    Oh come on, if skulkplosion is weak, babbler explosion is nothing more than a firework.
    Now, if we could research onocide... that's something this game lacks. It can be combined with devour, so not only you need research for onocide, you also need a marine inside your belly. And wham. Total annihilation.

You can say goodbye to any marine base when that happens. Comms would have to start spreading out structures as much as possible to avoid onosplosion. But then structures would be more vulnerable to skulks and vent gorges, etc. Lots of gameplay variations inbound!

• VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    An Onos in Onocide mode should be especially vulnerable to mounting. And the explosion should be aborted as soon as a marine is riding the onos.
  • xen32xen32 Join Date: 2012-10-18 Member: 162676Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    An Onos in Onocide mode should be especially vulnerable to mounting. And the explosion should be aborted as soon as a marine is riding the onos.
    Yes, let marine trigger onocide instead.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Yes, let marine trigger onocide instead.

The onos mount itself could be packed with explosives for more than just a biological explosion, but one equivalent of 100 grenades.
    GRAND THEFT EXO UPDATE NOW.

UWE LISTENED TO ME, UWE MADE THIS POSSIBLE.
  • Scorpion9908Scorpion9908 Australia Join Date: 2013-07-29 Member: 186445Members, Reinforced - Shadow
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    I think in addition to make it harder for marines Oni should get Ono-babblers. They can spawn them like gorges, but they are four times as big and dangerous!
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    I think in addition to make it harder for marines Oni should get Ono-babblers. They can spawn them like gorges, but they are four times as big and dangerous!

I would rather have playable babblers. With a speed of 20, pre celerity. 30 health and 10 damage a bit but a moderately fast attack speed. Fast little small buggers but can kill easily... if you can hit them.
  • McBernsMcBerns Join Date: 2013-08-04 Member: 186563Members
    This is such a wicked idea. But this defies the whole immersion concept. So I'm afraid to say no on this one.
    McBerns wrote: »
    This is such a wicked idea. But this defies the whole immersion concept. So I'm afraid to say no on this one.

Immersion? Can you fit your legs in the exo? How about a species that literally teleports around for movement? Just two of many examples.
    Star craft has a thing that allows you to take control of the zerg. Why not ns2, but not just anything, how about an onos? Don't just control it, ride it?!
    This is not just any technology that allows this. This is NANITE technology. NANITES EXPLAIN ALL!!! They could use it on other kharra, but they get the most benefit out of using it on the onos. How is that for immersion? Suspension of disbelief man suspension of disbelief. Expand your mind. Expand your imagination.
  • KamamuraKamamura Join Date: 2013-03-06 Member: 183736Members, Reinforced - Gold
    I support the idea, only if it could be somehow countered by babblers. Like the babblers jumping on the lasso and nibbling it, setting the onos free again.
    james888 wrote: »

Immersion? Can you fit your legs in the exo? How about a species that literally teleports around for movement? Just two of many examples.
    Star craft has a thing that allows you to take control of the zerg. Why not ns2, but not just anything, how about an onos? Don't just control it, ride it?!
    This is not just any technology that allows this. This is NANITE technology. NANITES EXPLAIN ALL!!! They could use it on other kharra, but they get the most benefit out of using it on the onos. How is that for immersion? Suspension of disbelief man suspension of disbelief. Expand your mind. Expand your imagination.

I imagine riding on gorges could be fun, too.

Like the minecraft pig saddle... Saddling up a gorge would have no real tactical value while an onos has tactical value and lol value.

Like the minecraft pig saddle... Saddling up a gorge would have no real tactical value while an onos has tactical value and lol value.

Yes. The gorge would still be in charge, but slowed down.
  • clankill3rclankill3r Join Date: 2007-09-03 Member: 62145Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    haha the first post is so funny :D
    What's next flying on the back of a lerk with a sword killing skulks?
    clankill3r wrote: »
    It was actually a semi serious idea too. No, lerk lift has been a discussed idea though. I like it but not sure how to balance it. I would love and hate if you could pick up and drop a marine in crevice.

clankill3r wrote: »

I don't think the lerk has enough hp for close combat (sword). A (cross)bow would fit better.
    edited December 2013
    I was looking for this thread just to reference but now I decided to necro it because I found in that search another who had a similar idea in 2002.
    http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/11375/onos-riding
    Another necro because it is worth it.
  • CalegoCalego Join Date: 2013-01-24 Member: 181848Members, NS2 Map Tester
    Wow. I didn't realize this was a necro. But thank you. This just made my day.
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    New gamemode where marines have swords and they ride onos'.

Life is complete.