7 day First Person Shooter Challenge

GeminosityGeminosity :3 Join Date: 2003-09-08 Member: 20667Members
edited August 2013 in Off-Topic
logo3.png

So... one of these days I'll remember to post about these things BEFORE they end so people can join in ^.^;

Anyhoo, there's a been a challenge to make innovative (or not) first person shooters in 7 days and it ended this friday. If you're looking for a slew of random games to play feel free to check out the fruits of people's labours at the official site.

For those too lazy to peruse the list, here's some titles of note:
Shambles - an entry by the creator of minecraft, notch. Basically a doom-like zombie survival game :o
Svetovid - an FPS where you see in all 6 directions at the same time o.O
Discoverie - a procedurally generated exploration FPS with super cute graphics :D
Flipflop - walk up walls and flip gravity to work your way through the levels.
Probably Archery - surgeon simulator goes to the archery range :P
Dopplegunner - fire and control clones of yourself to get past the obstacles :o
Beyond Perception - Artsy game which plays with perception
Super Hot - time only moves when you do, use the mechanic to dodge bullets and other crazy stuff.
Galaxel - fire the blocks you're standing on to destroy enemies of the same colour... careful you don't dig a hole for yourself though :3

This list is by no means exhaustive either, there's so many games I haven't played them all, so there's still probably some great ones in there I've yet to find or forgot to mention :P

Oh and seeing as I'm putting all these games out there, may as well plug my modest attempt too...

Glyph Core: Abstract - a simple litle first person puzzler. Race against time to assemble the glyphs and rack up the highest score you can.
I wouldn't advise trying to beat the current top score of 4070, just achieving gold rank is more than enough for most sane people :3

If there's any games you find that are neat, mention them so we can have a shot, and I might even add them to the list here :3

So, did anyone here enter something into the 7dfps? If so, what was your game? Give us a link! :D