Game tries to join a server with no slots

KalopsiaKalopsia Join Date: 2003-05-15 Member: 16331Members, Reinforced - Shadow
edited August 2013 in Technical Support
When ever I start the game and try and join a server queue, if the server is full it tries to join it regardless if there is an empty slot or not. It keeps going to a black screen where it attempts to join and then it takes me back to the main menu. This continues to happen for about a minute or so where it eventually realises that "oh wait, the server is actually full....my bad". After that time, I can actually join in a server queue.

Comments

• KalopsiaKalopsia Join Date: 2003-05-15 Member: 16331Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    This is still a reoccurring issue that happens every time I start the game.

Yesterday when i clicked a full server to join, it would try and connect into the game rather than add me to the queue. It would do this for about 5 or so times before it would actually add me into the queue.

Is anyone else experiencing this because it is really annoying?
  • xBlueXFoxxxBlueXFoxx Join Date: 2013-06-07 Member: 185497Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited October 2013
    I can confirm this is an issue, it doesn't just happen to me either, we constantly complain about this on our TS.

[Edit]
    Just tried playing, happening right now as I type this. It seems to be influenced by servers saying "(LAN)" before they show up as rookie friendly/public.
  • KalopsiaKalopsia Join Date: 2003-05-15 Member: 16331Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Yeah its so annoying. I also noticed last night after about 5 or so times it comes good. However, if I click update then it will restart all over again.
  • ReubotReubot Join Date: 2012-10-15 Member: 162374Members
    Yep, annoying. It seems to happen if you try to join too fast after updating the list. This game really needs a proper queuing system for servers. (The steam queue works fine but only if you have a friend already on the server)
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited October 2013
    Reubot wrote: »
    Yep, annoying. It seems to happen if you try to join too fast after updating the list. This game really needs a proper queuing system for servers. (The steam queue works fine but only if you have a friend already on the server)

Funny fact: using the steam queue you get into a server before a player using the ingame browser queue.

In result: I would wish some more love for the ingame server browser, hopefully this will happen with introducing the matchmaking system.