Bots' progression?

leonff7leonff7 Join Date: 2011-10-28 Member: 129916Members
Hi,
It's been a while since I last checked the forum.
Just wondering, would the official bots in the mods section be a good practice partners? Or even a well-enough teammate to fill the slots when hosting private games?
Is there any other team working a bots project or sort?

Comments

• GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited August 2013
    The bots are quiet good if there is a human comm behind them. Only things that can happen at some maps: Bots get stuck by themself at doors or try to shoot through a wall ^^. Also alien bots basically never use the vents. There are some nice bot mods out there, just try the new xenomod. Otherwise for playing a good com vs com with bots the alien commander would need the ability to set way points. Atm you only can ping at one room and all bots will rush to there.
  • leonff7leonff7 Join Date: 2011-10-28 Member: 129916Members
    I see, thanks for the reply.
    Just thinking it would be nice to enjoy a big messy game with only 3~4 hums, like go' ol CS.
    Also, since I suck at FPS/RTS, its better to practice a lot before I get yell and kick...LOL
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    leonff7 wrote: »
    Just thinking it would be nice to enjoy a big messy game with only 3~4 hums, like go' ol CS.

NS2Bots are as clever as the ZBots from CS 1.6, but they're is no commander bot atm so a human has to do that ;)
  • sinkingmistsinkingmist Join Date: 2012-11-22 Member: 172905Members
    Note that the bots in the "Official Bots" thread are not actually "Official Bots" and aren't very good.
    There are now actual official bots that come with the game (you don't need to download anything extra), and those are ok.
  • eXeeleXeel Join Date: 2013-08-14 Member: 186838Members, Reinforced - Gold
    I used the bots to test commanding and found them to go directly for the hive. Thea don't spredt out and attack from different angles.

Furthermore that wouldnt rebuild a power node when it was destroyer and i bought a New one. Had to lave chair and run myself :-)
  • lukeman3000lukeman3000 Join Date: 2013-08-13 Member: 186801Members
    I do hope they keep improving the bots that come with the game. They're a great way to practice.