NS2 DLC

IronmanIronman Join Date: 2012-03-22 Member: 149184Members, Reinforced - Shadow
Can we just say this game is Final Release and come out with a DLC....

or have the option of buying stuff to add to the game..

examples///
$5 dollars for Female Skin
$5 dollars for HMG unlock
$5 dollar Jetpack "red fuel" unlock, fly longer! haha
$5 dollar skulk celerity+silence unlock/trait stack.
$5 dollar Onos revives to hive before dying on suicide rush.
$10 dollar DLC map pack

I want to see this game continue to be supported and im willing to fork out the money.. etc

Comments

• FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
    We will never see anything that costs money give someone an advantage.

Female skin, red fuel that doesn't boost, maybe some far off day. I'd like to see some purchasable skins just to keep people interested, but I'm sure that system is a ways off unless they use community mods or something.
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited August 2013
    If you want to support this game buy the Deluxe Edition Upgrade, get friends to buy it. UWE is supporting this game as its meant to be. Releasing Content Updates for free. This DLC Politic is just a smash into every veterans face. If there should be a lot off new stuff (like a third team etc.) they should release a add-on.
  • GISPGISP Battle Gorge Denmark Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27460Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester, Forum staff
    $5 dollars for Female Skin - Will be free soonish.
    $5 dollars for HMG unlock - Pay 2 Win is bad, and will never happin in NS2, or other UWE games.
    $5 dollar Jetpack "red fuel" unlock, fly longer! haha - Cosmetic stuff (like the female rine) will allmost certaily allways be free, but it could be a source of income if UWE goes far into the red. As to the flying longre part, see responce above reguarding p2w.
    $5 dollar skulk celerity+silence unlock/trait stack. - p2w, still a nono
    $5 dollar Onos revives to hive before dying on suicide rush. - p2w, still a nono
    $10 dollar DLC map pack - Map packs divide the community, and directly goes against UWEs mantra of "Unite the world trough play". And is generaly an all around bad idea, not to speak of exstreamly bad taste. This should be free for all games!

• joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    Official purchasable marine skins would be cool. Nothing else would work though as GISP pointed out. :)
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    Everything GISP said
  • IronmanIronman Join Date: 2012-03-22 Member: 149184Members, Reinforced - Shadow
  • AlkixAlkix Join Date: 2013-07-10 Member: 186046Members
    If you want to support this game buy the Deluxe Edition Upgrade, get friends to buy it. UWE is supporting this game as its meant to be. Releasing Content Updates for free. This DLC Politic is just a smash into every veterans face. If there should be a lot off new stuff (like a third team etc.) they should release a add-on.

I'd like to modify this a little. Buy copies for your friends. Worst case, UWE is supported, best case, UWE is supported and player base grows. You might feel good either way! Or, go crazy and buy some copies and hand them out to strangers online.
  • Enhance89Enhance89 Join Date: 2009-11-04 Member: 69261Members
    I don't support any pay to win ideas. I support players that want to buy things like different skins or the like, just nothing that gives you an advantage over a player that maybe can't afford what you can.
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Not sure if OP is troll, or actually serious about pay2win.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver