Damn, it's hot, I had to under-clock my gaming computer

KamamuraKamamura Join Date: 2013-03-06 Member: 183736Members, Reinforced - Gold
Almost 40 degrees Celsius outside, more than 30 inside, I fine-tuned my clock to 4,4 GHz, but now it just won't stay stable.

Damn you, global warming! I don't even want to thing about what I'm gonna do when the water starts rising.

Comments

• militaerkidmilitaerkid Join Date: 2006-11-02 Member: 58249Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    i am fine with 4.5GHz @56°C temp (38 degrees celsius out and 31inside) only thing that went fully retard while playing ns2 was my gfx-card with 83°C
  • MontypMontyp Join Date: 2013-04-22 Member: 184930Members
    I had alot of problems with hot Graphics cards, my XFX Radeon HD 6870's both had their fans die. I bought 2 new ones, and slapped em on, now they never peak over 40c at load
  • SpoogeSpooge Thunderbolt missile in your cheerios Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 67Members
    Hmm. Round here it's been super mild for weeks. Been years since we've had an August day below 80degF but we've been in the high 70's for many days now.

If this is Global Warming, bring it on ;)
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    I typically find that I have to redo my stress tests/OCs in the summer if I originally OCd during another time of the year to deal with the higher ambient temperatures. If your bios allows you to save multiple settings, I've found it useful to do multiple OC settings so that you can switch between non-Summer and Summer OCs.
  • NarfwakNarfwak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5258Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica PT Lead, NS2 Community Developer
    Just remember to set it back afterwards. Don't be like me and leave it underclocked for almost two years, decide to buy a water cooler and overclock, and realize your CPU has been running way low for ages.