Alien Abilties?

DarkWulfDarkWulf Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 4662Members
<div class="IPBDescription">eh... i'm confused.</div> i don't know if i'm missing something, or what, but how do you use the alien's special attacks?

IE: leap/blink, whatever...?

the manual sucked in terms of explaining how things work. just "omg. its an alien. then my squad died".

Comments

• InjuryInjury Mahou Shoujo Join Date: 2002-11-10 Member: 7992Banned
    Leap and Blink are both second Hive abilities. Well, the Fade has Blink and Fades aren't evolvable until the second Hive anyways, so half my previous sentence is moot. Number three weapon in weapons category. The leap essentially is basically what it says, a quick thrust fowards at.. perhaps double (?) your normal speed in a horizontal lunge with reckless slashing and a high pitched squeal. Not much on the damage department, sixteen damage to be exact. I tend to use this on a Celerity typed Skulk to be a monkey and swing from wall to wall.

Blink is a bit harder to master, its sort of like a teleport but has to be carefully used. Very useful though, I haven't utilized it too much to date, though it has spectacular results when you employ it correctly. If you're curious about it, take a peek over at the Kharaa Strategy forum and read the Blink thread.
  • DarkWulfDarkWulf Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 4662Members
    oh.... ok.

lol. i tried using it before, (with 2 hives) and it didn't really work. i guess i'l try again. thanks!
  • TheGlowTheGlow Join Date: 2002-11-22 Member: 9650Members
    Yea from what I can tell, 1 hive = skills 1 and 2. 2 hives gives 1-3 and the 3rd hive yields skill 4.
    Shame they let you pull it out even though it wont work.
    I had a fade and was wondering why the hell my bilebombs wouldnt shoot.
    Then remembered, only 2 hives.