How to screw with your commander

2»

Comments

• 1dominator11dominator1 Join Date: 2010-11-19 Member: 75011Members
    Just ignore those tryhard, mutinous swine!
  • joederpjoederp Join Date: 2012-11-02 Member: 165992Members
    edited October 2013
    I didn't watch the whole video just the first 3 minutes and can tell you that you need to be much faster with responding to commands. Your team was not doing that bad, with some support you could have held east wing and locker easily.
    Medpacks and ammo are essential to early game expansion.. how do you expect marines to make progress if they must run back to the base to heal and get ammo every time? Before PG are up its impossible unless the marines are skill stacked against noob aliens.
    Not having your mic audio in the vid makes it more difficult to critique but you should communicate more with your team, when the first cafe RT was lost two marines were standing there for almost 30 seconds before you re dropped it. Very inefficient use of their time. You also had a marine hiding in ball court for over a minute, you should have instructed him to either help hold locker or try to take down the maintenance RT.

It's a lot to think about, I have been comm probably 200 times and I still feel like a noob most of the time. It's very difficult to keep track of everything, especially late game.. got to always have the main base Obs set to a hotkey so you can beacon in an instant! A few skulks can take it down way way too fast.. I really think the Obs should have more HP, or beacon should take less time .. by the time you notice all the red dots on the minimap its usually already too late!
  • KalabalanaKalabalana Join Date: 2003-11-14 Member: 22859Members
    edited October 2013
    You're not going to get this game until about 200 hours in, I find that's generally a good time investment for players to garner a relatively cohesive grasp of the meta mechanics.

If you are wishing to command, my biggest piece of advice is to realize players will do what they want, and your orders should account for that. High risk strats and plans require everyone on board, and familiar with the course of action. Learn to adapt to the strengths of your players, rather than expecting them to adapt to you, and then blame them like most players with more ego than skill do.

(Also stop using your mouse so damn much, use the hot keys)
  • SpaSpa Join Date: 2013-05-20 Member: 185301Members
    And to just add- in public play most people in the community know or have played with each other. The more you play the more you will see this.

I am sure if you were playing with Tag he was calling out a lot on the mic for items as a field commander especially true if you were not talking. If the com tends to not talk more experienced players will start field comming, b/c they don't think you know what you are doing.
  • rook2pawnrook2pawn Join Date: 2008-07-03 Member: 64552Members
    edited January 2014
    2 gigantic, gargantuan errors:

1. Ignoring the guy calling for the PG in stability just killed me..

2. Dropping a factory when the arms lab finished its upgrade in locker...

The PG THing at stability was the nail in the coffin for me, i couldnt take any more of the video.
  • FearOfCalamariFearOfCalamari Join Date: 2013-07-22 Member: 186298Members
    goodness, this thread (or at least the video link) is still going. Well, I'm always learning a bit more. Just thought people would see this video as funny; a new guy on the forum posting a video of him doing badly, with a title implying he had no idea what he was doing (as far as responding to my teammates go).

Yeah, I think this game is a lot of fun, and while I admit that I play to win (all of the time), the fact that this was my entrance to the NS2 community was, in my mind, a way of showing that I can be fun to play with (not afraid to look bad, is not egotistic, YET doesn't give up).

Of course some of my earlier posts in this thread are questionable...... you know what? just read the OP. I know i'm not great outside of green servers, but I practice as much as I can. and again: this is not a normal game. Never has been.

• FearOfCalamariFearOfCalamari Join Date: 2013-07-22 Member: 186298Members
    edited January 2014
    rook2pawn wrote: »
    2 gigantic, gargantuan errors:

1. Ignoring the guy calling for the PG in stability just killed me..

2. Dropping a factory when the arms lab finished its upgrade in locker...

The PG THing at stability was the nail in the coffin for me, i couldnt take any more of the video.
    This game made me cringe too. The entire reason I put it up for public viewing was as a joke. Hence the title.