PETITION: Develop Vanilla NS2 separate from Competative Scene

1235»

Comments

• OkxydOkxyd Join Date: 2012-02-06 Member: 143981Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    IronHorse wrote: »
    @okxyd making a game easier to learn is not "noobcare".. Its just good game design. If done right it won't interfere with how complicated or how much depth a game has, and the end result is a larger, competent player base.
    You are probably right but I doubt all tutorial/help/guide/features thinkable will make the game significantly "easier to learn". Today there is a ton of multiplayer FPS incoming each year and and I don't think a player who doesn't immediatly catch the potential of the game will invest himself and use these tools when he has just to switch on the new fashion and far "easier to play" game. On the contrary a player who got it will be not afraid by the rough learning curve. I'm not elitist, for example I find no pleasure in the 4X games, I prefer shoot alien like a dummy instead of playing Aurora and rule an Empire, by the way I accept the fact that some players love more or less complexity than me, for me this is not a barrier, it´s simply a signature. I loved to "learn" and discover the game personnaly, actually there is a bunch of tool to help in that way, do it more is overdo from my POV.