French server = bad server DONT PLAY ON IT

KernKern Join Date: 2013-06-27 Member: 185731Members
Im kind of bored to see EVERY DAY some english guys coming to our french server and start insulting us because we speak french with each other ON A FRENCH SERVER.
You are not the center of the world, are you really that egocentric to think when you join a team full of french people they should start speaking english with each other only for you? And you have the nerve of calling us "arrogant"?
So a little tips, when you see something like that in the server name: [FR], FR, FRANCE = DONT JOIN, BAD SERVER FULL OF HORRIBLE FRENCH (also they eat snail OMG THEY ARE EVIL DONT STAY CLOSE TO THEM D:)

Thanks.

Comments

• GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    Just add a line to the Motd that the server has french as official language. Only thing that annoys me is that mostly all Frenchman generally try to speak french on every server (not only with [FR] tag).
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    As an ignorant non-French-speaking Englishman, I limit my voice comms to map locations and, if I remember, numbers (in French) if I join a French server. I also listen intently to try to understand what the comm is asking me (I did Latin at school many years ago so have a reasonable logic to working out simple verbs). Player and location names are cross-language, thankfully.
    I would never dream of asking or expecting other players to speak a different language, and it's disappointing to hear that others do this...
  • MestaritonttuMestaritonttu Join Date: 2004-07-29 Member: 30229Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    Just add "le" to everything and you'll fool them all. My le lerk is killing le marines, le lolol.
  • CrushaKCrushaK Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167195Members, NS2 Playtester
    edited July 2013
    I always speak English, even on servers of my own language. After all there may still be players from other languages around, even if they don't speak, and this way I make sure that everyone understands me.

Not saying that you are not free to speak whichever language you like on your server. But pretty much every other server I've been to has no problem switching to English, even if there is just one foreign player on the server.
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    English being the most common world language.
    Generally means English is preffered, as its more global than other language
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited July 2013
    English being the world language is fine, and even if you speak it in a FR server someone will probably understand you. The problem and what the OP is saying is that you can't honestly expect everyone to accommodate you and speak english on your behalf. Especially if you start throwing around insults. : )
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    If it's a french server (you know, meant for french speakers) you have no business talking english there, not sure why you'd even try to argue about it, if it even says [FR] in the title... well... Their server, their rules.

In any case these threads always turn into the same kind of replies, so...
  • CharlEKleaflandCharlEKleafland Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186326Members
  • MouseMouse The Lighter Side of Pessimism Join Date: 2002-03-02 Member: 263Members, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Mendasp wrote: »
    If it's a french server (you know, meant for french speakers) you have no business talking english there, not sure why you'd even try to argue about it, if it even says [FR] in the title... well... Their server, their rules.

In any case these threads always turn into the same kind of replies, so...

I'm afraid these aren't the place to rage about server-specific issues

*LOCKED*

This discussion has been closed.