Brief introduction to Docking

NthaoNthao Join Date: 2013-07-22 Member: 186278Members
With all the tutorials floating around so far out there, I saw that there were none about maps specifically. Knowing where things are and when to prioritize them are extremely beneficial to yourself and your team. I've begun working on explaining some of the details of maps and I'd like some feedback on what I've got so far. I've got a lot more planning, video capturing, and definitely more information. Thanks for checking this out and leave any thing you feel would help in this introduction or future videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Js0rvRO54Jw&feature=youtu.be

Comments

• delta78delta78 Join Date: 2013-01-08 Member: 178131Members
    You have to cover locker spawn too. I think you need to cover more strategies and talk about rushes from other places and such. For example, you could have mentioned some tips of how to defend lockers or something in those lines. Or good place to siege and so on. I think you need to go in more detail, although its informative enough. I like the little humor you put here and there, which spices the video a bit.

By the way, the in the ending you should put something like quick conclusion of the things said in the video.

I hope this was useful...

• kalakujakalakuja Join Date: 2012-09-11 Member: 159045Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter
    This sounds interesting series !
  • GeekavengerGeekavenger Join Date: 2012-08-31 Member: 157117Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I think a generic "How to Dissect a Map" might be useful as well.

Talk about identifying choke points, paying attention to how far your marines need to run, finding and defending siege locations, and where to scout for rushes. And also probably basics surrounding Tech Points and Resource Towers. I don't know what a good format would be, you could either go with using one map as an example or switch maps for each concept...

Otherwise awesome video though, keeping it short and too the point is really awesome.
  • NthaoNthao Join Date: 2013-07-22 Member: 186278Members
    Thanks guys, i had a bit more information written down about what to do once you've reached specific points, but I haven't thought about choke points or some of the smaller finer details! I'm just hoping when I do finally publish one whole map with enough information that there aren't any major changes. Thanks for the input guys, time to head back onto the drawing board for now.