Primal Roar

2cough2cough Rocky Mountain High Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183952Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
edited July 2013 in Ideas and Suggestions
I know there's been at least a few threads about late game aliens w/ 3 - 4 hives being unable to stop late marine tech. I don't wanna get into "teamwork" this or that, rather just a small suggestion.

Re-implement primal scream somehow as a tier 3 upgrade. If the khamm is unable to keep drifters up w/ groups to mist, extend the ability to the Onos and call it Primal Roar or something. For those who are unfamiliar w/ primal scream, it's an ability in NS1 for the lerk wherein upon the Lerk screaming, friendly units in the area would have an increase in attack rate, strength, and energy. They'd also roar back which was kinda fun. Only lasted very temporarily, but helped in making pushes. Could help to quickly tip scales in quick engagements where drifters are not, and aid in more efficiently shutting down late marine tech.

Suggest for Onos instead as Lerk already has multiple abilities. Also because an Onos on the field can be more magnetic for teammates to follow and lead a charge. May also help proactive players stifled by a busy or under-supplied khamm to take command on ground and be able to coordinate slightly more independently.

Plus, I personally think it'd be sweet to see an onos rear up like the rhino-gorilla-stallion it is and belt it before charging in with a pack of screaming skulks around him.

Comments

• MontypMontyp Join Date: 2013-04-22 Member: 184930Members
    I would love to see anything that would help aliens close late game.

Tier 3 let Lerks carry Gorges underneath them
  • TupperwitsTupperwits Join Date: 2013-07-29 Member: 186441Members
    I love this idea

Combined with the boneshield they're adding, this would give onos a support/buff role rather than just a tank

I would see it more as his roar in the exosuit trailer (0:50)
    Obligatory pack of skulks included :P
  • 2cough2cough Rocky Mountain High Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183952Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Montyp wrote: »
    Tier 3 let Lerks carry Gorges underneath them

HA! Those were the days. Would be neat to have a couple lerks flying around, bile bombing gorges in and out of a turtle base.

Or it could be gorgie death sentences issued by trollerks.
  • absu206absu206 Join Date: 2013-07-30 Member: 186468Members
    Great idea. It would give even more incentive to work with your onos teammates, and help break through those marine "last stands".