Gorge: Babbler spawn from his back

stibaerstibaer Join Date: 2013-07-25 Member: 186398Members
Atm its a pain in the ass to lay the eggs, grow them and put them on someone. Its also quite costly.
Its just not very joyfull to use babblers.

Suggestion: Babblers spawn after a certain amount of time on the back of the gorge and sit there, giving you some protection till you use your command-ball. (If needed for balanceissues this skill has to be researched)

Comments

• DraptorDraptor Join Date: 2013-03-05 Member: 183721Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    It costs 1 Pres and takes almost no time at all as is. I'd prefer that they made babblers obey orders first. It seems like a crap shoot as to whether or not they follow the command ball at all. Even if they do, instead of swarming they run in ones and two, getting stuck on the geometry the whole time. To me that's what really makes them unfun to use outside of throwing three on myself whenever I get the chance.
  • stibaerstibaer Join Date: 2013-07-25 Member: 186398Members
    Draptor wrote: »
    It costs 1 Pres and takes almost no time at all as is. I'd prefer that they made babblers obey orders first. It seems like a crap shoot as to whether or not they follow the command ball at all. Even if they do, instead of swarming they run in ones and two, getting stuck on the geometry the whole time. To me that's what really makes them unfun to use outside of throwing three on myself whenever I get the chance.

I absolutely agree. Still I would love if you could spend 2 res and after a certain time 6 babblers sit on your back, ready to be used on mates or enemies.
  • MontypMontyp Join Date: 2013-04-22 Member: 184930Members
    Babblers aren't meant to do the killing for you though, they're stupid creatures that bite jump and squeak. As is they're perfect for distractions and as fodder to absorb some bullets. If you've ever had 5 gorges with maxed out babblers, they are a force to be reckoned with.

• DraptorDraptor Join Date: 2013-03-05 Member: 183721Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I agree with you completely. I'm not saying they should do much damage. All I'm asking is that they go where I tell them when I tell them to. Right now one or two at a time will follow the ball over what seems like a thirty second period, making them worthless as even a distraction. If they came towards the ball all at once, then we'd have our distraction.
  • NailoNailo Join Date: 2013-05-06 Member: 185138Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    As has been said by someone long ago, the babbler ai is at its best when they are used where they were hatched. Unless they are on your as armor there is little point using the bait ball in a room other than the one they spawned. An amazing example that probably won't work a lot but worked for me was right before I ninja attacked a phasegate as a gorge I dropped all 3 babbler eggs and hatched them at the phasegate. they immediately attacked the phase gate and marines as they came through and alongside my hydras and me spitting, helped me kill 3 marines and the phase gate. As far as babblers go, I find them fine as they are, a diversion, that's it. ^_^
    edited July 2013
    I just view their AI issues as a bug that needs to be fixed. While you've found a good workaround it still seems like they're broken.
  • NailoNailo Join Date: 2013-05-06 Member: 185138Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    broken, not really, could use improving yes, but not broken. lol but I get the feeling they rank a bit low on the priority list alongside the computer ai's for practice
  • xBlueXFoxxxBlueXFoxx Join Date: 2013-06-07 Member: 185497Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    I believe the server will leave a warning in the console whenever it has to kill a babbler when it falls out of the map - which is basically an inevitable thing. Babblers seem pretty broken to me.

Now about those MACs...